missing snowflake eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was so hungry it swam right into the net and I covered with a plate. There is no space in the sump especially on the pump side, I was lucky.

z_dano said:
It was so hungry it swam right into the net and I covered with a plate. There is no space in the sump especially on the pump side, I was lucky.

Awwww.... Poor guy probably was wondering what he'd gotten himself into!! He probably regretted that great escape shortly after getting in there!! lol. Hopefully he learned his lesson!! :)

Congrats on finding him alive, I have one myself and have had him escape 3 times on me. Always finds his way under the stand. No matter how sure I am I cover every gap he gets out and usually overnight so I don't know how long he is out for but he was very sticky and dry, good as new within 20 min of being back in the water. I think I finally have all openings thoroughly sealed, no escapes in the past month or so. Also I recently added a piece of PVC with elbows on either end and buried it in the sand so that the openings are flush with the sandbed and he seems to love it and stays in there almost all the time and he has since stopped exploring the surface of the water at night. Just some food for thought.

image-83160779.jpg

BASALISK

Lookout carpet surfer! Lol I want to get one... Will egg crate hold one of them in the tank? I that's all I have for a lid...

Chris J said:
Congrats on finding him alive, I have one myself and have had him escape 3 times on me. Always finds his way under the stand. No matter how sure I am I cover every gap he gets out and usually overnight so I don't know how long he is out for but he was very sticky and dry, good as new within 20 min of being back in the water. I think I finally have all openings thoroughly sealed, no escapes in the past month or so. Also I recently added a piece of PVC with elbows on either end and buried it in the sand so that the openings are flush with the sandbed and he seems to love it and stays in there almost all the time and he has since stopped exploring the surface of the water at night. Just some food for thought.

BASALISK

That's a good idea

S3Reefer said:
Lookout carpet surfer! Lol I want to get one... Will egg crate hold one of them in the tank? I that's all I have for a lid...

They can fit into impossibly small openings.

So what would I want to cover it with each night? I have maybe another egg crate but stagger it so it covers the half way points of the other egg crate openings?

I would use a glass top or lexan to cover it. The staggered egg crate may work.

Mm ok... I may have to do egg crate because around summer it gets to be almost 83 I'm... My house. But I will get a snowflake eel... They are coral safe right?

Back
Top Bottom