Mollies had babies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fadetoblack06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I left today for a little bit and I come home and one of my mollies had babies, I caught them this time and put the babies in a breeder box till they get big enough to be on their own. I found ten of them, I had seen another one but they got away and hid.

SWEET! (y)

My molly has had 3 broods this year. She's getting pretty old so I dont know how many more she will have, but it looks like she will have at least 1 more. Her last brood was HUGE and I ended up with 60 babies to care for.

One part I dont like is that she always mates with an orange balloon belly and the babies end up looking wierd. The other part I hate is the fact that I cannot care for that many fish. I ended up feeding most of them to my tiger barbs and my sons cichlids and Jack Dempseys.:(

I feed mine pulverized flakes or crisps as newborns and gradually crush the pieces larger as the babies grow... My 7 wk olds are good with flakes crushed in half now... Though if I put in whole flakes they are able to bite off it..

Back
Top Bottom