More Accurate PH test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricardo48

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi.

Does anyone have a product which is more accurate at measuring PH?

I currently use Tetra test but it only works in increments of 0.5

Also the color is sometimes hard to tell difference between any two different colors so hard to get exact measure.

The problem is if my PH was 7 my CO2 ppm would be over 25 but if it was 7.5 then my CO2 would be only 13.

I want a more accurate reading so I can optimise my CO2 better.

You'll probably want to look into a pH pen meter which generally tests in increments of 0.2 and are fairly inexpensive.

The API pH kit will measure to .2 resolution. Is the tetra test a strip? If so, I'd recommend getting the API FW Master kit so that you can test for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate as well. The strips are often very unreliable.

if you really want to know your co2 invest in a drop checker. its stays in the tank and you can see it at all times.

only co2 drop checker i have never changes colour... it only works by telling me the ph and letting use a chart to compare to my KH

KH is 8 as i cant get hold of any KH 4 water. I tried rain water but that KH was like 0-1 so was always yellow.

Back
Top Bottom