More cichlid ID's please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow... i see a few peacocks, yellow lab, johanni, and what looks to be a blood parrot... i cant think of some of the names right off hand, but ill be back to +1 somebody when they think of the name :)

ok well heres what i think... top left- blood parrot... first post, bottom left, yellow lab, electric blue, some sort of peacock. Top right- i have no clue, bottom right, same as top left... second post, still no clue. im guessing you already knew those though?

No, the only ones I was able to name were the labs and the blood parrot. He wasn't sure what the one in the third pic, top left was. He swears there are green terrors in there, but I am not sure. Are the black and white striped ones zebras of some sort? And the one on the right of the last pic seems to have a longer face than the other ones, so I was thinking it was not from the same area as all of the other ones. *shrug*

LOL, I don't think it would be that bad if there wasn't a billion cichlids in there! It's almost overwhelming....
Ok, so what are SA's?

sa= south american... the one in the last picture in the back looks to be some sort of tanganyikan just by the shape of its body... none of them in the pics looks like green terrors at all, they all look like africans, except the blood parrot

I disagree on the bottom left being a johanni and a blue dolphin. Looks like a Cynotilapia afra mbanma. It's def not a johanni, there stripes are horizontal not vertical.

Big Sky Cichlids -Cynotilapia afra "mbamba"

Here is the thumbnail list for that site, http://www.bigskycichlids.com/frames_photothumb.htm . Has some pretty good ID's on it, that is if your eyes are good enough to see the thumbnails..lol. Just click the TN and it will give you a larger pic and info for the fish on the right.

Oh boy do I have some work to do lol. Thanks for the site, I will see what I can find!
I appreciate all your guys' help in this!!!

Blue ones: Metriaclima sp. "slim/compact zebra" or Pseudotropheus demasoni.

Could the top left in the 3rd pic be: Aulonocara baenschi?

Blood parrot of course.

The black and white ones are driving me bananas! :( The only ones that resemble them are the Haplochromis sp. “zebra obliquidens”, but his don't have color like them.

I have been on that site Spoonman, and you have to click on each one to see the pic. I am looking for a website that has thumbnails like Blueiz posted. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom