Moving fish from Tank to Pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chuckles_96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have my pond up and running and am wanting to introduce some fish to it. There's already 10 goldfish that stayed in the pond over the winter, but I have 2 more in an aquarium that haven't yet been in the pond. Generally when I introduce fish to the pond, I wait until there's very little temperature difference. However due to circumstance, it will be easier on everyone if I can get the fish introduced as soon as I can.
The temperature of the tank is approximately 20C (68F) and the temperature of the pond is about 12C (54F). Can I simply float the fish for an afternoon to let them acclimate? Or is there a maximum amount of temperature change that they can handle in a day? Any info, tips, or strategies would be much appreciated. Cheers

(I attached a picture of the pond mostly to show it off. The garden around it doesn't look great yet this year but just look at that water :fish2: )

Attachments

• 6619801920270702270-account_id=1.jpg
    6619801920270702270-account_id=1.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 78
Just figure out when the warmest day will be within a week and float them in the early after noon to adjust to the temperature and then release them. They should be fine

Back
Top Bottom