Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aimeeo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright, I need some help. I am going to be moving soon. I need to know the best way to transport fish. I have 4 tanks. I'm not worried about the 25 gal and the 29 gal. I figure with those, I can just draing 3/4 of the water out and leave the fish in. Is that okay?

The problem is my other 2 tanks. I have a 100 gal with about 25 african cichlids and an eel and a 125 gal with 2 balas, 2 kissing gouramis, 2 silver dollars, 2 angels, a pangasius cat, and a clown knife. They range in size from 4 inches (silver dollars & angels), up to 12-14 inches (balas & cat). I will have a new tank to put the large fish in that I plan to set up before I take those fish out. Then I was going to move the 125 gal and get it set up and then move the cichlids into there. The 100 gal will then be emptied and stored for the time being. So, how do I transport the fish????

There is. Look in the articles section, and BillyZ has kindly written an article about moving. There are also hundreds (?) of threads about this, as it is one of the most pertient issues that we all have to deal with.

My advice is, Rubbermaid tubs, keep all the decorations/gravel/filter media moist, and do it as the very last thing.

I did what you are planning on doing with your 29 and 25 gallon tanks. Mine is a 55 and I didn't live too far away from where I was moving to. Just make sure you set it up as quick as possible and don't let the filter dry out or the bacteria will die.

Back
Top Bottom