Mr. Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chasnkevin4ever

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so my angelfish died today, could I put my betta in my ten gallon with ram cichlid and dino bichir? Or should I keep him in his gallon tank?

I am gonna guess and say no. The cichlid's are rather aggressive... and the beta probably wouldn't fair well.

Each of my two beta's has their own 5 gallon tank that they share with some shrimp... and my 29 gallon which is currently cycling is going to be my cichlid tank.

No, a ram doesn't even belong in a ten gallon IMO and neither does a bichir. You could do a betta in a ten gallon with a small school of celestial pearl danios

No, a ram doesn't even belong in a ten gallon IMO and neither does a bichir. You could do a betta in a ten gallon with a small school of celestial pearl danios

Have to agree. I have my beta's in 5 gallons each... and that's the smallest I'd put them in... they are MUCH happier than the day I bought them from that little cup.

Well I know the ten to is small for ram and bichir. I already have arrangments to get bigger tanks, I was misinformed. I was just wondering about my betta he will have the ten when I get bigger for other fish. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom