My 12L: An Iwagumi style Nature Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are a couple of pics now that the water has cleared up.

Just waiting on my UG to get here Monday or Tuesday, and I think I will have all the plant species I am after.

19738-albums2809-picture18362.jpg

19738-albums2809-picture18363.jpg

Man, that light looks awesome on there. So thin and streamline. Plants look great. I'd say 3 months from now, it'll be all filled in and ready to shape in to your masterpiece.

The thing is BLINDING too. I think it is going to grow the HC, blyxa, and eriocaulon well, especially given the shallow depth. My only concern is whether I might have to raise it up a few inches to get even spread from front to back, but going to try and stick with it the way it is for now.

CO2 is cranked up for now as well. Going to have to mix up some ferts tomorrow...

Discusapisto said:
I probably passed over this but what's your filtration? I'm loving this tank btw it's looking amazing!

Thanks!

Filter is an eheim 2213.

I am going to put 20 of each in to start. (not at the same time... fish first, CRS a bit down the road).

Bioload of the boraras brigittae is so low, and there are quite a few plants, so silent cycle it will be.

Nope, I moved this summer. This is the only tank I am going to run for awhile.

I broke it into small clumps and planted it pretty deep in the substrate. That has given me the most success in the past - deep enough to even cover some of the leaves. It also made it a lot easier planting it before filling with water.

fort384 said:
I broke it into small clumps and planted it pretty deep in the substrate. That has given me the most success in the past - deep enough to even cover some of the leaves. It also made it a lot easier planting it before filling with water.

Planting before the add of the rest of the water is a great and simple idea, thanks for sharing. Great start up for this tank!

Edgar

UG made it in today. I planted it up around the base of the main rock formation. The idea will be to have it kind of mix in and mingle with the HC to give it the nature aquarium look.

19738-albums2809-picture18418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom