My 12L: An Iwagumi style Nature Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah... let me let the water clear up for a bit since I just planted the UG, and I will get some artistic macros just for you Jonathan :whistle:

Oh - forgot to mention I decided I am going to do modified PPS Pro dosing (but manual, not with the autodosers). I will see how that works. Rather than mix the macros though, I am going to dose each macro individually using the old pump bottles I have left from when I sold liquid ferts. This will give me a lot of individual control to tweak the daily dosing of the macros.

Ok, here are some different angles and some close ups.

19738-albums2809-picture18426.jpg

View from the left side. You can see the tops of the blyxa melted a bit during shipping, but they are looking better every day.

19738-albums2809-picture18425.jpg

Further out view of left side. You can see the main equipment of the tank - inflow/outflow pipes and the ceramic/glass diffuser. The Drop checker is set up on the opposite side of the tank, and it has turned to a nice healthy yellowish-green in the last 2 days, so I think the tank is getting plenty of circulation

19738-albums2809-picture18424.jpg

A closeup of the eriocaulon C. It also had a rough time during shipping and a few of the leaves died, as you can see. The others have colored up some, and they are still stiff. I am hoping they make it. This is by far the most sensitive plant in the tank... also the rarest (especially in the US).

19738-albums2809-picture18423.jpg

19738-albums2809-picture18422.jpg

A couple of closeup angle shots of the main rock formation. The UG and HC are all planted in and around this part of the tank. It should all grow together and really look great once it fills out.

I think it will. It looked worse when it first arrived. It is coloring up at the bases of the plants. It is going to take some time though.

I have killed two plants beyond recover in my time, blyxa being one of them. I just couldn't get it to recover from shipping.

I love it. I have used it for years. Great for planting in, and plants love it.

Aqua forest aquarium in California, aquatouch in phoenix Az, and ADG in tx are the only US suppliers that I know of.

Well, the blyxa looks a little worse for wear today. I am not sure if it is going to make it.

20 Boraras Brigittae have been in for a few days and have colored up nicely. Unfortunately, I don't have a great camera, so I did what I could.

Also, the blyxa seems to be just about finished melting. I think what's left might make it. HC and UG are doing well. Starting to see a little bit of new growth. It will still be a week or 2 before it really takes off I think.

19738-albums2809-picture18495.jpg

19738-albums2809-picture18496.jpg

Back
Top Bottom