My 14G Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big update! Bought a tinyy true perc clown :)) only about 5/8ths of an inch. got a scarlet clener shrimp, pom pom xenia and a small frag of orange zoas.

i also moved my arrow crab to a seperate 10 gallon tank in fear that he'd kill my clown and shrimp

new addition pics

absolutely love the cleaner shrimp.

Attachments

• new additions 002.jpg
    new additions 002.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 191
  • new additions 001.jpg
    new additions 001.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 190
  • new additions 003.jpg
    new additions 003.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 205
  • new additions 004.jpg
    new additions 004.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 206
uhh not too much.a little thing i do is scrape all the algae off the glass exceptwhat i cant get at the bottom so that way the snails only have that to eat and they do eat it all. whats your cuc?

Just a few different snails. I do have to clean the glass every 3 or 4 days though.

Wow that clown is so dinky looking, it is so cute. I have always like pom poms.

Just a few different snails. I do have to clean the glass every 3 or 4 days though.

Wow that clown is so dinky looking, it is so cute. I have always like pom poms.

dinky is such a harsh term lol hope you meant small haha
but yea hes awesomee

Corey: i was told that by his dorsal fin he was a perc but because he is so small his stripes have yet to "thicken" either way i had no preference on the two, just wanted one or the other and wanted it tank raised which it is. fun little guy though

that's a good point, i know itll be almost impossible to tell but i believe that oscellaris have 10 dorsal spines and percs have 11.

but yeah i didnt even think about that, we'll see as he grows! still jealous, i want a small clown!

yea i heard the dorsal thing too but like you said, i just cant tell yet. whatever he grows into ill love either way :) lol

new aquascape and some random pics. let me know what you think of th structure

Attachments

• new additions 006.jpg
    new additions 006.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 186
  • new additions 008.jpg
    new additions 008.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 169
  • new additions 009.jpg
    new additions 009.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 156
  • new additions 010.jpg
    new additions 010.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 157
i wish i had some zoas around here that looked like that, or were that cheap! is that a nice frogspawn too? and that rock with the coraline looks awesome!

everythings looking good, especially that tiny little clown! im jealous!

thanks guys means alot :) i reallly like this last aquascape, i might add a few more pounds of rock up top but besides that its stayin the same

whats everyones opinion on the follwing fish:

sixline wrasse(my fav)
royal dottyback(royal groma clone)
strawberry dottyback(gf's fav :roll: )
bangai cardinal?

i plan on adding 1 more as my last fish or 2 more and removing the blue chromis. are these all suitable? reef safe? will they get along with my current stock?(cuc. cleaner shrimp, pom pom, clown, chromis, ywm goby)

The Six line wrasse needs at least a 20 gallon preferably a 30 gallon. They are considered reef safe in that they should leave your corals and other beneficial invertebrates alone.

The royal dottyback, like the wrasse, needs at least 20 gallons minimum, You could try one, but not sure how it would do. They are reef safe.

Im not sure about the strawberry dottyback, wait for more input.

A bangai cardinal could fit in a 14 gallon, but im not sure with your current stock. They are also considered reef safe.

cardinal would be okay, but theyre usually found in schools, it might be a tad boring all by itself, and they do generally just float there

wold it be unhappy? i like how it looks so im fine with the floating as long as its visible but i dont wanna get it if they are oly happy in schools

Back
Top Bottom