My 29g BioCube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait430

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright, so the tank has been up and running and has gone through its cycle after 5 weeks. Here are the pictures and proof of its progression!

Inferno, these are especially for you! :onfire:

Hope you all like the tank!

1) The first picture on the top left is 2 weeks into having the tank with 20lbs of LR. As you can see, I have rearranged everything quite a bit - I wasnt happy with the LR arrangement at first.
2) The second & third pictures top right and next one down are about 4 weeks in with 30lbs of LR and its new arrangement.
3) The last picture is of one of my cleaner shrimp.

More pics to come!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0182.jpg
    DSC_0182.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0168.jpg
    DSC_0168.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0170.jpg
    DSC_0170.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 106
Awesome looking tank, great photos too. Love the rock work, did you get that locally? BTW, I'm all better now.;)

LOL, well thank you very much. The rock I got at my LFS. They are great people and a big help. They are small but have such high quality. I will only go to them for my livestock.

Here are more pictures!

1) First picture is of one of my snails
2) Second & Third is a mediocre picture of my Blue/Green Chromis (he was constantly moving!!!)
3) Another picture of one of my shrimp

Attachments

• DSC_0159.jpg
    DSC_0159.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0160.jpg
    DSC_0160.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0161.jpg
    DSC_0161.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0176.jpg
    DSC_0176.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 95
BTW, the boss approves, she want's your tank in her room. I'm in trouble now.LOL:clown:

Thanks everyone!

Inferno, you should get the boss something like that for her room! Let me tell you, it is one amazing thing to wake up to and go to bed with. At night, it makes an awesome nightlight with the lights shut off and the 4 little blue lights reflecting off the current of the water make it look awesome! They arent expensive either. I paid $250 for mine - brand new!

I love the rockwork. You are off to a great start. Keep up the good work.

As everyone else has said, i have to agree, your rockwork is pretty dang amazing. It makes a small(er) tank look extremely nice. Not calling anyone out, but this 29G looks a **** of alot nicer then some of the bigger tanks i've seen in the gallery.

Thanks everyone, keep the compliments comin, lol

The rock work is just what you make it. You really have to set it up, look at it, and keep moving things around until you get it to what fits you perfectly.

I think SW is the way to go, I love it!

Thanks everyone, keep the compliments comin, lol

The rock work is just what you make it. You really have to set it up, look at it, and keep moving things around until you get it to what fits you perfectly.

I think SW is the way to go, I love it!
Sure, you make it sound so easy. LOL:clown:. Now I have to redo mine, you gave me some good ideas.:D

Haha, good, Im glad I gave you ideas. Do you have any ideas of which fish I should go with next? Im probably going to get one this week. I am dying for the clownfish but my LFS doesnt have the ones I want. I also want firefish and they dont have any yet either. Im actually considering the flame angel as well.

Haha, good, Im glad I gave you ideas. Do you have any ideas of which fish I should go with next? Im probably going to get one this week. I am dying for the clownfish but my LFS doesnt have the ones I want. I also want firefish and they dont have any yet either. Im actually considering the flame angel as well.
The store by me just got a shipment on Sunday and has about 2 dozen true Percula Juveniles (Beautiful specimens) and a couple of nice firefish. I bought two firefish last week(Not me the boss) and they are quite interesting, they hang out together and when they hide you would have to rip the tank apart to find them. I still don't know where they go at night. I'm on the fence about the flame angel, I've read it should be the last fish to go in and is said to be semi aggressive and reef compatible with caution. Maybe a new thread is in order to get an idea from members who actually have the flame.
I'm on my way to get some more LR, I needed another 40lbs anyway and my lfs has some large interesting looking rock.

Back
Top Bottom