My 30 gallon stocking plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenAngel

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408332298.789031.jpg

I was using my aqadvisor when trying to come up with a stocking plan for my 30 gallon aquarium with an aquaclear 70 filter system. The website told me this plan would work but I was wanting to get some second opinions before I went through with it. Will all these fish be compatible with each other? Do you have any other suggestions? And does this seem overstocked to you? I kinda feel it looks overstocked but the website said it would be fine so I wanted to hear what you'll think about it. Thanks

PS: the tank will be well planted, lots of driftwood, sand on the bottom, and a few caves made from adjourning driftwood and rock

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Adult, I think it looks a little overstocked but I don't know what the bio load is the individual species carry.

I think the Molly's and the gourami would create a pretty heavy bio load and the gourami could get territorial. Otherwise everything else seems fine to me.

Is there a gourami that wouldn't get territorial?

I think instead of a gourami you could get away with a pair of Bolivian rams. Much more docile and heartier. Gourami are not hard to keep but the ones I had ended up getting bloat

I think instead of a gourami you could get away with a pair of Bolivian rams. Much more docile and heartier. Gourami are not hard to keep but the ones I had ended up getting bloat

Haha, poor fish, I had a dwarf in the past that did really well that's why I thought about getting them again. I mentioned rams before in another topic, but some people voiced concerns about them going after my cories. What do you think?

I had panda cories in my tank before with my Bolivian rams and had no issues. They are probably the most docile and heartier dwarf ram around and get really colorful in a good tank. Mollies are great but keep in mind they are a livebearer

I had panda cories in my tank before with my Bolivian rams and had no issues. They are probably the most docile and heartier dwarf ram around and get really colorful in a good tank. Mollies are great but keep in mind they are a livebearer

Meaning that they will produce like crazy?

That's a possibility. Especially if you get males and females. If you were focused on breeding em I would go with them for sure but a community tank I wouldn't plus they poop like crazy

That's a possibility. Especially if you get males and females. If you were focused on breeding em I would go with them for sure but a community tank I wouldn't plus they poop like crazy

Haha, okay, I wasn't going to focus on breeding them. That would mean I would have to find homes for a bunch of babies! You don't think a tank like that would be overstocked then?

If you removed the gourami and the mollies and places rams I think you'd be set up just fine with your filtration. Punch it in to AQ and see what comes up

I think your fine but I would only get 1 dwarf gourami because most likely the dominant gourami will kill the other two.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408335902.321444.jpg

This here is what came up. The only warning that appeared is that they may get aggressive during breeding to the others.

I think your fine but I would only get 1 dwarf gourami because most likely the dominant gourami will kill the other two.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And thanks for the input, I'll experiment with that in a bit.

They may but with enough plant cover you'll be fine. My rams never need or got aggressive

Awesome, that gives me some stuff to think about, I also tried with one Gourami and upped the rainbow fish number to 5 because that's what the site recommended their school size be ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408336248.053587.jpg

Ya the mollies increased the percentage highly cuz of their bioload

What order do you suggest I stock in?

Back
Top Bottom