My 40 gl planted breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice the glosso starting to take off. I cant get my repens to its growing at a ?

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Regarding the star repens, must be something in your water. Other AA members have reported melting with this plant.
For a couple of years I've grown star repens as my version of a carpet plant. I started it from a Top Fin tissue culture gel pack from PetSmart. Sadly, the Glosso has been taking over, including the star repens patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea my repens is from 1 2 grow there growing jus slowly i think one did melt but its growing back an some have a little algae around the edges of the leave

Jus placed in order with my lfs waiting on my concolor cories an zebra otos will be in thursday

What i have in my tank.
Seachem flourite substrate
Aquatek mini reg/3 in 1 bubble counter check valve
Finnex planted+24/7
Finnex ray 2
Seachem flourish line
Excel, root tabs , npk, phosphorus, iron
Plants
Scarlet temple
Stourygme repens
Ar mini
Mermaid weed
Hygrophila pinnatada
Temple narrow leaf
Rotala walachi

There does not appear to be a lack of light or CO2 here.
How often and how much of what (ferts) are dosed?
GLA's PPS-Pro fertilizer kit is pretty inexpensive and is effective. I bought a kit in December 2013 and still have quite a bit of the fertilizers left.

I go by the seachem dosing chart on seachem website. I definitely, want to get the AGL Pps Pro fertilizer kit. How much is the shipping? I was on the website earlier and could not find it. The pps pro is 25.

Lastest pic
de522c221735682a65c8cbbf39378bc6.jpg

L aromatico in the middle
Mermaid weed on the far right
Hygrofolia pinnatad
5d3a7e836b1acfa59a88dfdc045c310c.jpg

I go by the seachem dosing chart on seachem website. I definitely, want to get the AGL Pps Pro fertilizer kit. How much is the shipping? I was on the website earlier and could not find it. The pps pro is 25.

Do you mean GLA instead of AGL?
I could not find the shipping cost either. You can email the company and ask. I would provide a zip code.
If you do order the PPS-Pro kit, I would order an extra 500 mL fertilizer bottle. When mixing the macro fertilizers, set aside the nitrate and mix that in a separate container (the extra one).

Tank update
efc579977bb61e6d91045d5fa8a05166.jpg

Side view
ddc2d90f61faa2ce7b847922fe477673.jpg

Otherside
26ae4e0630e7084607f3e3437ac40b1f.jpg

Any suggestions on what i should do about the right side. Not feeling it. Any suggestions is aporeciated. Thanks [emoji1]

I would not change anything. Just give them time to grow, snip, and replant to increase fullness (heater will be hidden in the process).

Awesome ordering the pps pro kit monday the seachem flourish line is jus to expensive

Also my postegom kimberly melted, moved it over jus a few inches an it melted. Hope it comes back to life

2nd day of the pps pro ferts from GLA. Changed a bit took a few plants out. Trimmed the scarlet temple. Also, got some fissidins. Hopefully im successful with it.
df9bf2bd2f5dee27a92d855edad13e93.jpg

c6cbd971a7c35b2fcc0a05c3744223eb.jpg

I have also bought a aquatop inline atomizer so no more diffuser to see next i will be removing the powerhead when i get a chance

Keep us posted on how the aquatop in-line diffuser does in there.
Fissidens should do well in that setup.

Will do, so far so good 1bps an plants are pearling

Well, got rid of my apistos. Could never find a male for my 2 agassizi. Also, got rid of the background. To me felt like it made my tank look smaller idk. Kept all my cories, my 4 panda garras. Someone on craigslist traded me, my background for 40+ yellow , rcs and mandarin. Shrimp plus some black an clear one not sure what kind they are? Got some store credit for my 2 rio otapo an 1 montezuma swordtail for a nice chunk of dwarf hair grass. Took out my powerhead as well. Will be painting the back black. Other than that plants are doing well repens growing had to tweak my dosage for the pps pro ferts bit other than that liking it. I want a cory/garra/shrimp tank if possible. ?

108f0343e6c14f935494982b9f263086.jpg

cad2ab8b21dcaf9fd8ebd609a305ac9c.jpg

bdc24814ca54c8b8fac23531ee3e1633.jpg

Fissidins nobili i think does it look ok?

Jus got a eheim skim350 let ya kno how it does.
2b08534c7e8a6f872eab1e98bd72b33f.jpg
a67cd1abe2c8b775d2c5282dc1ff76a8.jpg

Eheim skim350 is awesome beside shrimp an my minnow getting sucked in lol. Redid the tank

Back
Top Bottom