My 46 G LEGO build newbe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6yamaha said:
And someone told me today that cichlids are brackish I'm callin bs

I can't think of any cichlid that are brackish.

Frontosas are really cool! Look into tanganiyakan fish most stay small like 5inch and are beautiful.

New water levels ammonia spike starting
Nitrates dropping
PH 8.1
AMO.50
NI 0
NA 10

Bud 29 Kribensis are a African dwarf cichlid. They come from the rivers instead of the lakes. And i can think of one cichlid that is okay in brackish water and that is the Chomide, or Etroplus Maculatus from around India.

Any comments on my water idea of how long till I can buy fish

Okay sorry to take it off topic, i would first start by checking your tap waters ph, that is if you don't like that number. Too usually start aquariums the right way, people will add food or gross filters that they have. This will kick start a cycle in the aquarium, where all levels rise, and then fall as you bacteria grow.
Since you don't have extra filters that are dirty hanging around i would feed the aquarium fish flakes, do this like you mean too feed the fish. (small amount's twice a day)
This should start the process of the cycle.

Congratulations, you are going to dive my wife nuts now. All I can think about is going to the Lego store at the mall and and start rescaping.

Hahaha I don't know how to take that lol...... If you have any questions about floating hit me up it took some figuring out but thank you

Well I didn't have fish yet talked to my local fish store they told me if I wanted to speed it up I could use a sacrificial fish so I got a jewel. If he survives they I guess he will be king of the tank

6yamaha said:
No they are safe for children to put in there mouth hard plastics do not contain toxic chemicals only soft and only released when over 100 degrees

Wow! Thats awesome ! I should take some of my brothers legos.... But do they mess with your water? Like high p.h , hardness, etc

NO Legos are meant to be safe for children I contacted Lego customer support and they assured me they are completely safe for fish the chemicals in plastic that make it harmful are only in soft plastic and ONLY released above 105 degrees

Post a pic so I can see what they look like cause it's the black pearl

Back
Top Bottom