My 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
........just what I was aiming for. :D Do snails eat diatoms?

Returned the filter and set of filter cartridges. I was refunded 32$. At the store there was a bio cube on clearance! 189$!! But then I thought about the JBJ 28 gallon how it was 350$ with good lights and a free stand. I realized I would probably have the upgrade the biocube lights then buy a stand which would end up being 350$ if not more. Plus I hear JBJ is a bit higher in quality so I just restrained myself. :)

Buying the API test kit tonight.

You wouldn't have to upgrade the lights on the biocube at all. Only reason I chose to was because it was cheaper to replace T5 bulbs than the PCs.

Nothing wrong with the biocube imo

But I'm glad you'll actually know where you're at now, maybe try to make sure you get a kit with good/newer bottles

But I always hear the biocube comes with poor lights, and to keep corals you need to upgrade? Is the hood large enough for you to feed and what not? How much would the stand end up being? Do you think it would be worth buying?

I'm probably biased because I own one, but you could keep LPS and softies easy in the biocube, just as well as in the nanocube (with PC/CF lighting). The hood is plenty large and has a feeding door.

Not sure which model you're looking at but the BC14 stand was around $100 on fosterandsmithaquatics last time I checked, and the BC29 was $140. Looking now it looks like they don't have the 14 stand anymore and the 29 stand is backordered, but I'm sure you could find a place that you could buy around the same price

I'm tempted to get it now. I of course wouldn't actually set it up for another 2 months if not more, but It's such a great deal! If I could easily keep softies and LPS I'm fine with it. Just softies and LPS ? I'd rather buy this from petco because I have two gift cards from this contest. So it'll end up being cheaper than the clearance price! :D Does it still come with everything? Good lighting is definite?

Of course, I have zoas, xenia, and mushrooms in there now that did great under the PCs. It's the same lighting JBJ uses in their normal models, the quad may pack a little more power, but it won't let you keep any more corals than the biocube would

Unless you can find the stand in the store you'll have to get it from somewhere like marindepot. Just from looking around it seems they are being discontinued, so that may be why it's on clearance.

Which model is it? 29 or 14?

Sorry, unless you want to go to the OT thread about this, PM me. I don't want this thread to go OT

I p.m.'ed you.

I just ordered the API test kit. Should take 3-6 days.

I've found the cube 29g stand for 119 shipped. :)

I havent tried corals in my cube yet but I bought it with the intention of having some softies.

My order hasn't shipped yet. I expect it'll be here Friday or Saturday,

My package shipped today. So glad I'll actually be able to tell if I'm cycled- or close to done. Let's hope it gets here Friday, I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday. When I get back I have to setup the copepod tank. Like it's half filled with water at the moment. Can I use heavy computer paper as a background.? It sounds really cheap, it's just I want just a GREEN background, but no one has one! I'm thinking of trying to print a green background, with some heavy PC paper, and just plopping it on the back. If it looks bad I'll just take it off.

Lol. I tried spray painting something once, it's too messy for me. :/

Gotta be more swift, don't do it in one big spray :D

But if you can the paper idea should work, same with the posterboard if you can get a hold of it

Still. I feel like spray painting a tank is more to be done when it's empty, and your just starting the build. That'll be my last option. And I'll get someone to do it for me. ;)

Just throwing this out there. I painted my 75 gallon with a brush and matte black paint. While it was full and against the wall. I suddenly got tired of seeing the wall through the tank and decided to try it. Took two coats and I think it looks great.

Back
Top Bottom