My 55 after 6 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

levilowe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wanting some input. This is my first sw and I love it.

image-3337279622.jpg

Attachments

• image-997151975.jpg
    image-997151975.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 256
  • image-3314932043.jpg
    image-3314932043.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 300
The clowns might have issues down the road. Tomato clowns get aggressive.

Yes only the hob and skimmer. It seem to be doing the job right know. Been doing a 5% water change about every 3 weeks. I didn't know that tomato were aggressive. May have to do something about that.

What kind and brand of hob filter are u using and and are u still using the cartridges or. did. U modify it also what kind of.products..ur using

Not certain on the brand it whatever Walmart sells and yes using cartridge.

I never have I rinse them out bout every other water change

Any suggestions on a good colorful coral or polyps that would look good in my tank.

And you.don't have any probs with algea I'm asking because I also have a 55 gallon aquarium and I'm running (,2) 75 gallon aqueon quiet flow hob filters and I wanted to have corals but I wasn't sure if I could have corals with those filters but I see you only have one and a Skimmer and your doing great that motivates me to move on to corals also have you added anything to the filters like ceramic rings or Bio balls? Or just using only the cartridges also do you have to.add lots of chemicals or.its simple? Sorry for.all the questions I just like to find out what options can I have

Suggestions on coral for your tank I would recommended frogspawn coral I love the colors on those

I really don't know if I have been lucky or if it just work but no probs so far. Just filters and the only thing I have added was natural nitrate reducer by instant ocean. But that was before the protein skimmer.

Looks really nice .. Any decent bio wheel hob filter it's great for sumless tanks

levilowe said:
Yes only the hob and skimmer. It seem to be doing the job right know. Been doing a 5% water change about every 3 weeks. I didn't know that tomato were aggressive. May have to do something about that.

I had a tomato clown in my 55 that I inherited with the tank (only fish that survived the move) and he remained alone for 2 months before I added a royal gamma and a flame angel and he was super aggressive to the flame for about an hour so I decided to trade the clown at my lfs. The flame died the next day.

Yours has tank mates so he may react differently also looks like you have a damsel in there a well which have a rep for being aggressive.

I like it! I think you should look into some more colorful corals though. I really like it though!

HOB filters, especially biowheels, are great if you aren't going to run a sump. I used to have one on my 36 and used it to carry my 55 when my sump went down.

In terms of coral suggestions, what kind of lighting are you running? Don't want to make a bad recommendation for you.

Back
Top Bottom