My angel fish are laying eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help I dont know what to do this has happened once before but the angels ended up eating the eggs so I don't want this to happen again. Also they have layer the eggs on the power head of my trickle filter so they can not be moved.

it sounds like you really don't have much of a choice unless you want to move all of the fish out of the tank. I'd just let them try to take care of the fry, sometimes they get better at it. If they manage to get them to free swimming, you can suck htem up with a turkey baster and raise them in a separate container.

Congrats, let the try again. If you provide a vertical thin surface, ie a piece of slate leaning against the side of the tank or a sword plant, they might lay there eggs on that the next time.

Tetra98 said:
Help I dont know what to do this has happened once before but the angels ended up eating the eggs so I don't want this to happen again. Also they have layer the eggs on the power head of my trickle filter so they can not be moved.

Are you sure that they are a pair? Angelfish can lay eggs without the presence of a male... Maybe they are two females,,...

Back
Top Bottom