My canister to a crap need recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
So last night my canister to a crap and started leaking. I am heading to the store this afternoon. I still have 2 HOB's running but I would rather get the canister replaced today so I don't lose my biofilter. So quick quick I need a decent cheap canister filter for my 55!

So last night my canister to a crap and started leaking. I am heading to the store this afternoon. I still have 2 HOB's running but I would rather get the canister replaced today so I don't lose my biofilter. So quick quick I need a decent cheap canister filter for my 55!
Replace your o rings. Put your media in your tank till fixed.

I haven't even opened it it's sitting in my bathtub lol! It wasn't the O rings it was leaking by the locking clips
There's o rings on the intake and outtake locking clip. I just replaced mine on my marineland 360 a few months ago. Lol, you might wanta open it up and check it out. It will be cheaper than buying a new one.

Hello flit...

Canister filters are many times more expensive than anything else, but aren't many times better. Get a couple of dual sponge filters and a decent air pump to run both. Sponge filters work as well and anything. With these filters, you never buy media or spend a lot of time servicing them.

B

I hate looking at sponge filters I ended up getting the same canister I had and then I didn't have to cut new hoses. Just hooked it up primed it and turned it on.

Back
Top Bottom