My coral is being suffocated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nhelw1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys. Check out the picture attached. The algae started growing all of a sudden on steroids! I feel like the coral is being strangled. What's the best way to get it off without damaging the coral?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388887885.947042.jpg

I think more importantly is that this particular goniopora coral is on its deathbed. These corals are particularly more difficult to care for than most corals. Was the coral tissue receding like this when you purchased it?

No He was given to me about a year ago. He was all fine. All the water parameters are fine everything else is blooming and growing but him. The previous owner had him for about 4 years.thanks for the quick reply.

I tested two days ago. Water change happening today.
Trates were both null and phosphate was .08 tiny bit high but they drop with water change.

Since your water levels are pretty decent, I would look to feeding. What kind of food have your been feeding your Goni? IME they should be treated more like an NPS coral than an LPS in regards to target feeding etc.

I feed cyclop ease and rofiters to the tank but I spot feed the other corals. Should I spot feed the goni?
I feed my fish pellets should I ease them to frozen?

Back
Top Bottom