My first 20 gallon freshwater!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About the fast thing, that happens for to my fish too. Especially my rummynoses. they get small bumps in there stomachs after a heavy feeding, and then I fast them for a day if I feel they are getting too bloated. They are always fine after that. Good luck! I have the same tank as you (20H), unless yours is a 20L. What is your stock? You should put it in your signature.

I wonder If I can create my signature on my phone. I can't seem to navigate as well on here.

Grrr. My lfs doesn't have the cories in yet. I'm going to be looking around. Anyone ever order any online, and if so, do you have any recommendations as far as a supplier goes?

Yes. Ordering online is really great and they usually have everything online. I like petsolutions, live aquaria, and eBay ( from sellers over 98% overall on eBay ). Great sellers and petsolutions actually has a 2 week live fish guarantee. Most sellers on eBay have live arrival guarantees too. Don't know about live aquaria.

Couldn't help myself- New lfs opened up and they had red cherry shrimp, 3 for $5. I got 6 of them.

But they didn't have my cories. :(

Couldn't help myself- New lfs opened up and they had red cherry shrimp, 3 for $5. I got 6 of them.

But they didn't have my cories. :(

I thought you said they would have them in on Saturday? That is pretty cheap for rcs but not the cheapest. On Craigslist, there is a person selling them for $1 each. Hopefully they don't become pleco snacks. What kind if pleco do you have?

I thought you said they would have them in on Saturday? That is pretty cheap for rcs but not the cheapest. On Craigslist, there is a person selling them for $1 each. Hopefully they don't become pleco snacks. What kind if pleco do you have?

I'm desperately waiting for a shipment of Pygmy cories. :(. I took their last two and I think they need a couple of buddies.

The cories were supposed to come in yesterday and I was going to let them be at the lfs for couple of days in case they were shocked from shipping. So I was going to go pick them up on Saturday, but I called to see if they came in, and they didn't. So either I have to wait until next shipment comes in next Tuesday, or try to find them online.

I went by a new fish store, just to look around, and they had the rcs for 3/$5. The other fish store, they wanted $8 per shrimp!

I have a one inch rubber lip or rubber nose. Not sure which.

Plus, no shipping costs. :D

That's a great price for rcs! If they do well, I'd suggest getting more, either from the store or from members on this site. I had 10 and then bought another 30 from a member on this forum. I'm enjoying them a lot more in the larger group. It seems like feel safer as I'm seeing them out all the time. Waiting for shrimplets!

Well, so much for the fasting. One of the glowlight became dinner. Yeech. I just fed them some flakes.

But I counted six shrimp, so there might just be a few more survivors!

I could be wrong, but it seems more likely that the tetra died and was them nibbled at. Not super experienced, but I was under the impression the platies were pretty docile, non aggressive fish.

I could be wrong, but it seems more likely that the tetra died and was them nibbled at. Not super experienced, but I was under the impression the platies were pretty docile, non aggressive fish.

Platys are peaceful but any fish will nibble at dead fish for food.

That's a great price for rcs! If they do well, I'd suggest getting more, either from the store or from members on this site. I had 10 and then bought another 30 from a member on this forum. I'm enjoying them a lot more in the larger group. It seems like feel safer as I'm seeing them out all the time. Waiting for shrimplets!

With 40 shrimp, you will have hundreds of shrimplets in no time. :). What size tank are they being kept in?

Platys are peaceful but any fish will nibble at dead fish for food.

I guess I wasn't super clear. That's what I meant; it seems unlikely that the platies hunted and killed the tetra, but rather that the tetra died and was then nibbled on by another fish in the tank.

With 40 shrimp, you will have hundreds of shrimplets in no time. :). What size tank are they being kept in?

Right now most are in a heavily planted ten gallon. Plan to move some of the colony to my 55. Maybe start selling them - will see how it goes.

Right now most are in a heavily planted ten gallon. Plan to move some of the colony to my 55. Maybe start selling them - will see how it goes.

:eek: 40 shrimp in a 10 gal! That will get you at least like 50 shrimp in the first few months!

I guess I wasn't super clear. That's what I meant; it seems unlikely that the platies hunted and killed the tetra, but rather that the tetra died and was then nibbled on by another fish in the tank.

True. The tetra could've died and been eaten at.

Back
Top Bottom