My first 30g sw tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Started building my refugium. Going to go with cheato and a light on the right side and maybe a small 25w heater on the left.

ForumRunner_20120717_161259.jpg

This is just a trial fit. May make some changes before actually gluing it together.

Did they give you a funny look when you checked out lol

Joe5688 said:
No I always go to the self check out. I got 20gs for 5.50

Lol i went to a supermarket years ago and bought 57 gallons of distilled water in the 1g jugs. I was pushing 2 carts to the checkout one at a time and they barely moved lol.

Lol i got to the register and the lady gave me a look, i said i got some water id like to purchase. An eyebrow raised. It was funny as hell. My car was bottomed out.

Haha yeah I have a lowered Mercedes and anymore then 3 people in my car my tires rub. The water jugs bring it pretty close to rubbing lol.

Useless 4 door haha

Joe5688 said:
Finally decided to set up my salt water tank. Decided to trade my gar for some live rock lol.

So time for the deal for the year lol

35lbs base rock
25lb live sand
5lb live rock
Eheim powerball
Hydrometer
Half of a 5g bucket of salt mix

$60

I'm going with fowlr for now but maybe some beginner coral eventually. One of my live rock pieces had a piece attached but unsure what it is.

What do you guys think of my aquascape?

For pw's I got a korolia 240 and the eheim power ball.

Light is a 24" 50/50.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thats xenia and its very hardy ive seen xenia that stressed before and come back just fine be careful with that stuff it grows fast and will quickly take over i grow mine on the glass so i can harvest it

danbstrong said:
Thats xenia and its very hardy ive seen xenia that stressed before and come back just fine be careful with that stuff it grows fast and will quickly take over i grow mine on the glass so i can harvest it

Eh I dunno it looks pretty dead lol

I only have a 17w bulb on my tank. I'm not gonna have hopeful thinking lol

Day 9 results

Ph: 8.0
Ammonia: .5ppm (2 days ago it spiked to 4ppm
Nitrite: 5.0 ppm
Nitrate: 10 ppm

Salinity 1.022

Seems like i'm pretty close to the cycle being complete

Suggestions on the apistasia? I think I might try the lemon method.

On a side note ammonia tested at .25 today. Think i'm going to do a 10g water change and check in the morning

Did a 10g water change last night. Todays readings are

Salinity: 1.023
Nitrite: 0.25
Ammonia: 0
Ph: 7.8 seems low but I read that it raises when lights are on?
Nitrate: 10

I'm going to new lfs may pick up some cuc. Think i'm going to wait a little before getting my first fish. Got the qt up and running though

Back
Top Bottom