My first truely planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
The beginning of my first planted 10 gallon.

Attachments

• image-2553917119.jpg
    image-2553917119.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 442
Substrate- ecocomplete , plants anubias, windelov java fern, dwarf hair grass, water wisteria. So far.

6 cardinal tetras and a few baby pink ramshorn snails.

Fluval c2 hob filter. DIY co2 40watts 6500k Cfl lighting

Looks good but if you are trying to get the DHG to carpet you need to split those 3 clumps into smaller pieces and plant them in a checkerboard pattern. You'll find they will fill in faster. I like the DW and the way the Windelov is planted.

Rivercats said:
Looks good but if you are trying to get the DHG to carpet you need to split those 3 clumps into smaller pieces and plant them in a checkerboard pattern. You'll find they will fill in faster. I like the DW and the way the Windelov is planted.

Thanks for the info and the compliment and for the info. I'm learning as I go. I a addicted to this hobby now and I don't know what I would do without all the members of this forum.

Thanks for the info and the compliment and for the info. I'm learning as I go. I a addicted to this hobby now and I don't know what I would do without all the members of this forum.

You want to know when your REALLY addicted?!? When you finally go get yourself an 220g and plant it! That's what I did and lovin every minute of it. :dance:

Rivercats said:
You want to know when your REALLY addicted?!? When you finally go get yourself an 220g and plant it! That's what I did and lovin every minute of it. :dance:

Believe me! If I could do that I would. My wife would kill me. She even hates me talking about fish!

So I broke up the 3 pieces of DHG into 7. Is that good or do I want to. Real them up really small? I also added some stones. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-1476115139.jpg
    image-1476115139.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 339
I think it looks better and your carpet should fill in faster. You can break them down further is you want but I think your pretty good right now.

Few new pics of my tank

Attachments

• image-2937292302.jpg
    image-2937292302.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 254
  • image-3670925122.jpg
    image-3670925122.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 257
  • image-4054894686.jpg
    image-4054894686.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 251
  • image-3236940645.jpg
    image-3236940645.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 240
  • image-4249802194.jpg
    image-4249802194.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 238
Very nice indeed!

I need to get a few more plants in mine, keep slowly adding but wish I had just got the lot to start with!

You can tell everything is growing good. I can see how much the dwarf hair grass is starting to fill in since you split it up. You'll have a carpet in no time.

pjb_1986 said:
Very nice indeed!

I need to get a few more plants in mine, keep slowly adding but wish I had just got the lot to start with!

Thank I didn't get everything all at once either. Just got one here and there. I found my first problem with having a 10 gallon though. I just want more and more plant and there's nowhere to put them.

Rivercats said:
You can tell everything is growing good. I can see how much the dwarf hair grass is starting to fill in since you split it up. You'll have a carpet in no time.

I've been really happy with the growth in such a short time. I trimmed the DHG down because someone told me it will fill in quicker. Hope that was true

I've been really happy with the growth in such a short time. I trimmed the DHG down because someone told me it will fill in quicker. Hope that was true

I've heard that too. Never did DHG, I like foreground plants that don't need trimming. Plus in the 220g high light tank I couldn't reach the bottom to trim. It's 30" tall and sitting on the stand I have to use a 3 step stool and 24" long aquarium tools to work in it. I love all I can do with such a big tank but that is a big disadvantage conpared to smaller tanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom