My first truely planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just want to find out what he is to see if he is plant safe. I havnt seen him munching on any yet. Just want to be sure

After looking at google pics I think it's a pond snail which is what I meant. I don't know why I said apple. So pond snails are bad for plants right?

They aren't really one of the species of snails you want in your tank and considered a nuisance snail.

Actually if you need to get rid of snails I'd get an assassin snail.

The only problem with assissin snails is that if you ever want to add good snails like nerites or malaysian trumpet snails you won't be able to with the assissins in the tank.

The only problem with assissin snails is that if you ever want to add good snails like nerites or malaysian trumpet snails you won't be able to with the assissins in the tank.

This is true,I hadn't saw my assassin snail in quite some time(months) until 2 of my 3 apple snails were assassinated!

I will remove it. Thanks everyone! I have been considering making this a dwarf puffer tank. I just can't decide. I keep going back and forth. If I did what all could I feed it besides snails?

Actually I originally planned on making it a shrimp tank but right now I can't order any from members as it is too cold here. I could get my lfs to order some red cherry shrimp in but they are 4 dollars each.

Actually I originally planned on making it a shrimp tank but right now I can't order any from members as it is too cold here. I could get my lfs to order some red cherry shrimp in but they are 4 dollars each.

Look on ebay some has free shipping i ordered the when it was freezing outside and all of the survived and ""more""

Some new pics of the tank. The dwarf sag is a little thick and out of control!

Attachments

• image-614986162.jpg
    image-614986162.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2323559257.jpg
    image-2323559257.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3833097824.jpg
    image-3833097824.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 107
  • image-1214790534.jpg
    image-1214790534.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 96
Picked up a couple RCS

Attachments

• image-2714855609.jpg
    image-2714855609.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3666850692.jpg
    image-3666850692.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 56
So Rivercats I took your advice and ordered myself some dry ferts. I have 1 question I havnt read anything about it but was wondering if I should keep any of the solutions that I make in the fridge? The only reason I'm asking is when I had my flourish comprehensive it said on the bottle that it was recommended but not necessary to refridurate.

I don't keep mine in the fridge but I do add 5ml of Excel (or any liquid carbon) to every 250ml of mix to keep mold/fungus from growing in the solutions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom