My first truely planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. You don't use excel do you? I thought I remembered seeing you talking about using something different that was much cheaper. I ask because I use DIY co2 and thinking about switching to liquid. I know the DIY co2 is good enough for my 10 gallon but I don't feel it is very constant. The amount of co2 I produce seems to drop off rather quickly and I will admit I am not too quick about mixing up a new batch. If I were to use liquid I would know the amount would be consistent.

I use Metricide 14 Day Solution which is glutaraldehyde and mix it with 1-1/2 gallons of RO water. A gallon costs around $20. They also make it in quarts since you have such a small tank. You'd mix it with a quart and a half of RO. It comes with a small activator bottle that you throw away as you only use the Glut in the big bottle. Also needs to be stored in opaque, totally light blocking containers as Glut is very light sensitive and will break down in solution. I'd start at a dose of 1ml per 5 gallons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom