My fish are getting aggressive ever since i moved to a bigger tank?! help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cb172635

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey everyone,

i recently switched from a 10 gallon to a 20 gallon long... i have 5 zebra danios 1 plati cory cat 1 rosebora 1 blue ram 1 killifish and 1 tetra i havent identified yet...one of the danios died in the move due to a smooshed face he couldent eat or really swin properly anymore (must have been when i was trying to fish him out with the net to put him in the new tank) but ever since then the fish have been chasing eachother around, harassing my killifish and my cory cant stay in one spot without being bothered.... all water parameters are on point 7 ph 20 nitrate 0 nitrite hardness is ideal so if anyone can tell me what my problem is that would be great.. did i kill their leader and cause mass kaos.. everybody was gettimg along perfectly well prior to this move

I think all the fish are now fighting over territory. As before it was established and the fish had their pecking order now there is new territory and the fish don't know where they are in the pecking order. It should calm down in a week. If not remove the big bullies. Some fish don't have a nice personality so you can't cure that. But normally the fish are just establishing their territory. Hope this helps .

hey everyone,

i recently switched from a 10 gallon to a 20 gallon long... i have 5 zebra danios 1 plati cory cat 1 rosebora 1 blue ram 1 killifish and 1 tetra i havent identified yet...one of the danios died in the move due to a smooshed face he couldent eat or really swin properly anymore (must have been when i was trying to fish him out with the net to put him in the new tank) but ever since then the fish have been chasing eachother around, harassing my killifish and my cory cant stay in one spot without being bothered.... all water parameters are on point 7 ph 20 nitrate 0 nitrite hardness is ideal so if anyone can tell me what my problem is that would be great.. did i kill their leader and cause mass kaos.. everybody was gettimg along perfectly well prior to this move

ok thanks tom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom