My Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice! I like the red gravel and the Chinese house thing(not meant to be offensive)!

It is normal for them to do what you say. They will just kind of hove in one spot by kind of twitching their fins. It is pretty neat, but hopefully once you fill out the school they will become a bit more active.

It's a good idea to keep the lights off for the first 24 hours to help them adjust. Your fish staying at the bottom may just be a sign they're getting used to their new home.

Keep a close eye on them though...I've had a Neon with pop-eye which can lead to losing an eye, and if it is caused by an infection it can be spread to others based on what I've researched.

maddybrat said:
One is
Missing an eye that's how I got
It

I'm sure they'll be fine and they're just acclimating to their new tank :). It's just always a good idea to keep an eye out for signs of trouble like rapid breathing, losing their color, rubbing against things, etc... I'd just keep the tank light off for a while and I'm sure they'll settle right in :)

maddybrat said:
Okay. :) and if everything goes well do you think I could finish my
School on Sunday or Thursday?

As long as they seem to be healthy and settle in, I think it'd be fine :)

Once you have an established tank that is full of healthy fish, it is always a good idea to quarantine new fish for a couple weeks to make sure they're healthy before adding them in with the rest. Since your tank is new, quarantining your fish is not as big of a concern right now as long as the fish you put into the tank appear healthy and happy. Do your best to find a reputable fish store (try and avoid the big chain stores), and watch the fish for a while to make sure they are schooling together, their fins look healthy, no spots, etc...

rain87 said:
I had a cichlid with one eye once he was born that way. Did just fine.

That made me think of a song!! :) haha
I was born this way HEY I was born this way HEY. I'm on the right track baby I was born this way!! ;)
Btw thanks. I was getting worried.

maddybrat said:
I really hope they have neons the next time I go there! I really wanna get the school finished.

School is never finished lol. Seriously though good luck on your tank and congrats on getting fish!

Back
Top Bottom