My goldfish tank !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha, yeah can that happen some times. That's why on cichlid section go by scientific names. As long as they weren't feeder food, goldfish, and goldy ?

My goldfish tank!

I'm pretty sure the little silver one is ranchu(? I can't spell haha) also. Though orandas have the typical hump head so I can't really identify if you have one of those

I'm pretty sure the little silver one is ranchu(? I can't spell haha) also. Though orandas have the typical hump head so I can't really identify if you have one of those

My guys have small heads... I'll look for another

Look at a pearl scale. The really yellow one in the first picture looks like a possible match

Look at a pearl scale. The really yellow one in the first picture looks like a possible match

I think the one your talking about is a Ranchu. My uncle told me when he gave them to me the only one I'm really questioning is the possible fantail but that seems right to me!

How many fish are there?

I can not see fish clearly in pic #1.

Picture #2 is a ryukin in the corner (deep orange) with either a lionhead or a ranchu (unlikely from a chain lfs) but I can only see his face and not a side view.

Picture #3 (white fish) is a basic fantail.

Picture #4 (white and orange) is either a common goldfish (most likely) or a basic fantail but I can not see his tail clearly to ID.

Picture #5 (wild type color) is very poorly built and will likely have quite a bit of difficulty if he survives to adulthood. He has the basic dorsalless build and tucked tail characteristic of a lionhead/ranchu breeds but his poor physical build makes it difficult to ID positively.

The best thing you can do for these guys is to invest in a much larger tank. In the interim, change at least 50% of their water daily. Constant water changes along with a healthy diet and you should start to see some growth. Please ask any questions! :)

How many fish are there?

I can not see fish clearly in pic #1.

Picture #2 is a ryukin in the corner (deep orange) with either a lionhead or a ranchu (unlikely from a chain lfs) but I can only see his face and not a side view.

Picture #3 (white fish) is a basic fantail.

Picture #4 (white and orange) is either a common goldfish (most likely) or a basic fantail but I can not see his tail clearly to ID.

Picture #5 (wild type color) is very poorly built and will likely have quite a bit of difficulty if he survives to adulthood. He has the basic dorsalless build and tucked tail characteristic of a lionhead/ranchu breeds but his poor physical build makes it difficult to ID positively.

The best thing you can do for these guys is to invest in a much larger tank. In the interim, change at least 50% of their water daily. Constant water changes along with a healthy diet and you should start to see some growth. Please ask any questions! :)

Yes! Ryukin is deffinatly it! I just did a 50% water change scrubbed all the ornaments and took a sponge to wipe the aleage off the glass filled it back up and the water is cloudy? I'm hoping this filter takes care of it so I can wake up to a crystal clear tank ☺️

Yes! Ryukin is deffinatly it! I just did a 50% water change scrubbed all the ornaments and took a sponge to wipe the aleage off the glass filled it back up and the water is cloudy? I'm hoping this filter takes care of it so I can wake up to a crystal clear tank ☺️

Oh! I forgot there are 5 but 2 are about inch long babies and the other is about a centimeter long.

Last night I did a a 50% water change and scrubbed all the ornaments clean but when I filled it back up the tank was very cloudy! The filter took care of it and it looks great now! I used a gravel vacuum to drain the tank but I can't figure out an easy way to fill it back up. The bucket always ends up spilling and gets to heavy. Any suggestions?

Fill the bucket up halfway and double the trips.
When pouring into the tank, you can place a clean bowl at the bottom and direct the bucket output to that. It should prevent the substrate from getting disturbed. Or you can get one of the hang on type specimen containers and drill some holes in it and pour the new water in that.
I use a hang on style air pump shelf to deflect incoming water.

Fill the bucket up halfway and double the trips.
When pouring into the tank, you can place a clean bowl at the bottom and direct the bucket output to that. It should prevent the substrate from getting disturbed. Or you can get one of the hang on type specimen containers and drill some holes in it and pour the new water in that.
I use a hang on style air pump shelf to deflect incoming water.

Thanks! I'll try to do that!

Back
Top Bottom