My little milo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry. If that happened to my little guy (dog) I would be distraught as well. Veterinarians are amazing though, they will have milo all fixed up in no time!

Just called the vet. They think the punctures didn't go deep enough to damage his lungs . I still feel like it my fault even tho the other dog ran up behind us. It was a huge mastiff against my little chichuaua . Im beside myself with worry . This is the worst day ever.

the same happened to my little max, he was really chewed up, took three men to get him out of the jaws of a big dog. Then he had a huge hole in his shoulder about three inches across/ Took a long time to heal him up, and about a thousand bucks in vet bills. At least I still have him to love, that's the bottom line.

Wow your is definitly worse than mine. I just visited him at the vets . They said he was howling so that rules out any lung issues . They did try to walk him and he was very scared . Hopefully he will be back to his normal self soon.

It may take a while but he should bounce back. He may have issues with other dogs now though. Judy have to watch that. He may be scared to death of big dogs or want revenge on every big dog. Hopefully not, but just keep an eye on him for that

When I got him from the SPCA he was allready scared of all dogs. So it's going to be worse now. He is home from the vet but he won't lay down just sitting in the corner in pain. I don't know what to do for him besides just letting him do what he wants.

They had us put raw honey in the big wound on Max's shoulder and it drew out the infection in a couple of days, but it took months to heal up the huge hole. To this day is is afraid of big dogs. I pick him up and carry him past large dogs now. I hope your little guy get well quickly so you can have nim home.

Raw honey? That's pretty weird but hey whatever works . He is home after an hour of walking around and standing by the steps I finally picked him up and put him in my bedroom. He yelped a lot but he did jump on and off the bed and is laying in a pile of my clothes . Animal control left a note on the door of the other dog. Turns out that dogs been a terror in the neighborhood and that's the second note left today. Not to mention the neighbors 9 year old was bit by him today as well after she got off the school bus .

raw honey litterally sucks out infection. Max's hole was like three inches across and half an inch deep. The vet said to put raw honey in the hole every day, so we did. worked great.
Sounds like a certain dog needs to be put down if he's that mean, or they need to keep him in a cage he cannot get out of. I'm for putting him down tho.

I agree if the dog is out of control, it's got to go. I will have to remember the honey trick. I guess it makes sense. Works like black salve.

The owner contacted me. He said he would pay all vet bills so hopefully he will follow thru with that. Milo looked better this morning and is also moving better. He took his meds so I hope he will be even better when I get home from work.

I'm so sorry that your new pal, Milo, took a hit from that nasty dog. Sadly, unleashed dogs are the rule, it seems, not the exception.

Be sure to press charges against the owner. I've been in animal rescue for over 15 years and believe that most dogs deserve a chance, but this mastiff obviously has serious issues and either needs an owner who can work with him or needs to be put down.

I have two chihuahua/terrier mixes and a dachshund/tibetan spaniel mix right now, all rescued from various shelters. I just love them. They're such a huge part of our family.

Sending wet licks and get well butt sniffs from my pack to yours.

It's been another day and he is actually moving around a little better. He has been laying around most of the day but he will get up walk around and try to stretch . I finally got him to drink a bunch of water yesterday by using a straw and letting him lick the water off. going to the vet after work today so I'll know more later. Thanks everyone for the kind words it helps a lot.

Well the vet visit went good last night . He has a very slight temperature but the doctor said it's nothing to worry about and it's probably from his meds. He is starting to move even faster now to the point it makes me nervous lol. He was on the couch and when I sat next to him he got up and on my lap for the first time since this whole ordeal and it couldn't of made me happier. He is eating now and the vet said he doesn't need to come back unless he has any issues. She also said he should be back to normal around Monday .

(((((((((milo)))))))))))

I've been so worried....... I'm so glad Milo got a good report card.

I'm always concerned when I walk my 3 little guys (all less than 20 lbs) as there are some big mean owner-couldn't-care-less dogs on our route. I'm interested in what you might have had to do regarding a police report.

Did they end up quarantining the other dog?

Well animal control has yet to contact me back. So im going call and see what happened later after work. Im supposed to be getting some money from the other dogs owner tonite so ill ask him what he is going to do about his dog and about keeping him in his yard because I will not walk my dog around there while that dog is still there.hopefully he has been reported enough he will do the right thing and get rid of it.

Our animal control officer is very lax in getting back to people. Their heart just isn't in it. Not like you see on Animal Planet where these horrible owners are brought into court and all.

Stand firm. If it could happen to you and Milo, it could happen to multiple other people and their pets as well.

Good luck tonight! Hope all goes well and that the other owner really steps up to the plate.

Well I called him 3 times since 8 o'clock . No answer no return call. I guess it's time to get animal control and the cops involved again.

Definitely file a police report. That way, you can sue the guy if necessary. The ACO should've already filed something on your behalf anyway. But be sure.

The guy called me Saturday and payed some of the vet bill. He said he will pay the rest next friday. Milo is almost 100% he should be back to normal by the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom