My new 125 Gallon Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rosend99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Tell me what you think

Attachments

• 20130925_214236.jpg
    20130925_214236.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 177
It looks pretty good! Personally, i'd get a little more natural colored substrate, and a black background to make the fish colors pop. Especially with haps and peacocks that you have because many of them have blue on them, you don't need more in the tank. You can check out my 125 in my albums if you want!

Looks good! I would add a lot more hiding spots. I like to put some extreme hard scapes in my tanks with plants as the accents

I like it but for cichlids I would do a darker blue background if you dont want black. For substrate id add sand instead since cichlids like to sift through it to find food.

Plenty of different ideas, that's what I love about cichlids. I personally never have any two of my tanks look even slightly similar, your setup is nice and if that's how you like it then its fine. The only reason you should change the stuff you like is if the fish are unhappy other than that, keep on keepin' on.

I love it! I love that its not over stocked. I love that it isn't the usual black back ground and black sand. Good job A+ for originality. The background makes it look they are in a lake that goes on for miles.

1 yellow lab
1 sunshine peacock
1 red parrot
1 strawberry peacock
1 sulfur head
1 eureka red peacock
1 Mbamba Yellow Top
1 Maingano
3 Female peacock - no idea what type
1 Acei
1 15inch pleco
1 6 inch pleco