My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omg. I just Found out that a seahorse breeder an hour away from me has started a project to start breeding leafy and weedy sea dragons. When this happens and they start to sell- I am converting my tank!!! I would die to have one of each!!!

Omg. I just Found out that a seahorse breeder an hour away from me has started a project to start breeding leafy and weedy sea dragons. When this happens and they start to sell- I am converting my tank!!! I would die to have one of each!!!

AWESOME! You'll have to ship me one when I get a 220g lol My 150g seems small already.

My wife has wanted some since we saw them at Sea-world 5 years ago.
I agree that would be a nice set-up. I wonder if you could tie the Seahorse tank to a reef set-up ( water column ) , and use it almost like a refugium? Reverse the light cycle, like you would a refuge to help with PH shift, so the tank would be lit at night.
Would look pretty good to see a reef under blue moons, with a Leafy Dragon planted tank at night!

Flreefer said:
My wife has wanted some since we saw them at Sea-world 5 years ago.
I agree that would be a nice set-up. I wonder if you could tie the Seahorse tank to a reef set-up ( water column ) , and use it almost like a refugium? Reverse the light cycle, like you would a refuge to help with PH shift, so the tank would be lit at night.
Would look pretty good to see a reef under blue moons, with a Leafy Dragon planted tank at night!

That would be like a 265 g Refugium for my reef tank! Weedys get to be 18" and leafys at 15"! Now that I know it's possible- I have to start finding low flow corals that don't sting to add some flare to a planted tank!!! Lol

Yeah, that's true , Dragons get huge, would have to be a large tank, but I don't think Nitrates would ever be a problem! Good luck

Flreefer said:
Yeah, that's true , Dragons get huge, would have to be a large tank, but I don't think Nitrates would ever be a problem! Good luck

Lol. Thanks. The next fees years are going to drag on forever now!

Ibrahim said:
Your setting up a store right? You can get that to be one of your show tanks!

That's my idea. And then I'd be the only store in SW Florida to have it!!!

My wife works in Naples about once or twice a week. I work in Sarasota. Glad to meet someone close on the site! Want some Red Monti cap or Lavender mushrooms? Spring cleaning!

Flreefer said:
No, I've thought about the Tampa bay aquarium society, but kinda far

I like the lee county. I can never remember the acronym though. I always want to say SWAFAS but that's drugs- not fish in lee county. Lol. They have yearly frag auctions and reef conferences. I'll keep you posted if you want. Non members can attend as well.

Keep me posted, don't have a lot of spare time, but would love to check it out. Would like to start swapping frags, instead of bringing them to my LFS, for next to nothing on store credit!

It's official. My clowns will host anything. Came home tonight from class and found one hosting my welso brain, one hosting a Scoly (new one for me) and the other in the torch. Lol.

Attachments

• image-991373225.jpg
    image-991373225.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom