My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also like the idea of you going to a local reef club. My reef club has a bunch of local stores that we hold events at and the turnout is amazing! We have had 100 people swarm a store sometimes so I know the store owners are very happy. I think it's like $50 or $100 bucks to become a sponsor of my club for instance and they get exposure every week. When we have an event at a sponsor store the store generally donates something for our raffle and they also give 10% off to reef club members.

You can get a lot of traffic in your store this way, so much so that you'll be wiped out of stock! lol Our club wipes out a stores inventory in just a few hours.

Good luck! I do plan on taking a road trip one day to you, just gotta save up some $$

Thanks for posting that. I always thought it was just cichlids that got it from carbon. makes me love my all natural tank even more now lol.

Hondatek said:
Thanks for posting that. I always thought it was just cichlids that got it from carbon. makes me love my all natural tank even more now lol.

Lol. No problem. I'm always reading or researching. That was a just for fun read. Sometimes it's good to share. Lol

So I sponsored a club the other day. Just have to get the rest of the livestock added to the website and let them know when I'm done! Woohoo! You would not believe some of the corals and fish I picked up today!!! It's so hard not to keep some of them for myself! Lol

Jlsardina said:
So I sponsored a club the other day. Just have to get the rest of the livestock added to the website and let them know when I'm done! Woohoo! You would not believe some of the corals and fish I picked up today!!! It's so hard not to keep some of them for myself! Lol

Very smart move in my opinion. The lady who owns the store I shop at is all over the boards on our club. She is always helping people with great advice. As a result I (and lots of others) will shop nowhere else as long as she has it.

Ok. Wish me luck. Switching out sumps today. Along with about 75 gallon water change. Lol. I figure start in about an hour and finish at midnight after I get all the water in. Lol. Running to lowes now or new zip ties and new clamps for the soft plumbing. Not foreseeing any re plumbing- but would like to change out Clamps an reorganize. My fish or corals won't like me or a few hours but they don't hold a grudge.

OH come on, a pro like you can knock it out in nothing flat. LOL

I started moving fish and corals in my 35 at 4:00 PM to get it broke down and the 125 back in that spot. I finished up at 1:00 AM. LOL I knew it was a bad idea doing on a week night but........ Good luck with the change out.

Well. Plans got squashed. Stopped by the shop and the pump on the 360 gal stopped working. Had to drive around to another mag 36. Then back to lowes to pick up more plumbing parts. Just finished now. Ugggg. Perhaps tomorrow I'll get the sump switched out. At least the sump is done. It's 75 gallons of crappy silicone work. Lol

I got a new fish by default today. I'll let you guess. It needs an airator for transport and is considered one of the most Difficult fish to keep alive. He has been in a reef tank for 3 years eating on a regular schedule though.

Jlsardina said:
I got a new fish by default today. I'll let you guess. It needs an airator for transport and is considered one of the most Difficult fish to keep alive. He has been in a reef tank for 3 years eating on a regular schedule though.

Moorish idol??

Gboy66 said:
Moorish idol??

Nope. Lol. Hint #2
img_1956344_0_cd77dad417a9fccfee951b9d6a4f656c.jpg

Honestly, I posted before I saw second clue!!
Am I right?...not that I always have to be right, like my wife says. :)

Back
Top Bottom