My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flreefer said:
Honestly, I posted before I saw second clue!!
Am I right?...not that I always have to be right, like my wife says. :)

Lol. Yep!!! He'd been acclimating for about 20 minutes now. I had an airrator running in the car transporting him to the house. Still have it running now. Running a SLOW drip. Will acclimate for 2 hours and once I am about to put him in I am going to feed the tank on the right side and introduce him on the left side. I have to say that he doesn't even look stressed in the bucket now which relieves me. We were going to sell him out of a tank we are breaking down but he got scraped when the guy was trying to get him out and then the people didn't want him. He has been eating well for a long time now in an aquarium with many other tangs bigger than him so I hope that the new environment will be okay for him. I have always wanted this guy but was afraid of the horror stories and the price tag associated with them. However- I can't beat free! And I'm willing to take the risk on a guy that has been doing so well for so long. The only difference between his last tank and mine is that I only feed two to three times a day versus five times in his last tank. He was housed with a 7 inch black tang, a 14 inch male blonde naso, 2 yellow tangs at about 4 inches, a purple tang at 4 inches, a 6 inch blue hippo, a couple of Angela and much much more. Fingers crossed!!!

Awesome fish, he sure is FAT!!
I love the Achilles. My kids orthodontist has one that's about 7", in a 2000g elliptical tank that used to house a black-tip.
Best of luck with him Jl!

The only fish I really, really want.. Lol... The purple is awesome but that tang is the 1st I ever saw and wanted. Hope he does awesome for you. Plenty of pics please!!!

Wow!!! That is so great!! No doubt he will thrive in your setup, the backround info is so reassuring!! Im really happy for you, this fish is what makes some tanks just unreal.

May have a new project... Lol... I got the copper band eating frozen, betta eating frozen, this may be my new challenge... Just gotta get this tank up and running... It's absolutely gorgeous...

Kio707 said:
May have a new project... Lol... I got the copper band eating frozen, betta eating frozen, this may be my new challenge... Just gotta get this tank up and running... It's absolutely gorgeous...

He really is. And it's rare to find one that eats. He went in and I fed the tank and the same time. He didn't hide at all at first. He ate with the rest of the guys. Then... The doctor tang found him. If it comes down to it- the doc will go!

bigbanker said:
How did you manage to get him for free? Awesome job.

How long will you keep him

I'm breaking down a 300 gallon reef tank. I already sold the black tang (7"), auusie blue hippo, and one of the angels, and a few other fish. I took all the coral (there was a lot of rare or very expensive ones) to the shop to sell and because this was the only eating Achilles tang I've seen, I'm keeping him. Lol. Hopefully I'll be able to talk my husband into keeping the 300 gal as well. It's a beautiful starfire glass peninsula tank.

And I will keep him until I can't anymore!!

Surprisingly- the Achilles is out and about this morning! I fed and he ate again! No signs of stress this morning- but I have noticed he is staying clear of the doctor.

On another note- my clowns are getting mean. Lol. They were charging after the tangs this morning if anyone got to close to their welso.

Jlsardina said:
I'm breaking down a 300 gallon reef tank. I already sold the black tang (7"), auusie blue hippo, and one of the angels, and a few other fish. I took all the coral (there was a lot of rare or very expensive ones) to the shop to sell and because this was the only eating Achilles tang I've seen, I'm keeping him. Lol. Hopefully I'll be able to talk my husband into keeping the 300 gal as well. It's a beautiful starfire glass peninsula tank.

And I will keep him until I can't anymore!!

If ur willing to ship some of that coral, I'd like to see what you have. My guys here are very expensive for coral, but very reasonable with fish.

Thanks guys! Just to be sure I'm gonna be taking some rock from the shop and adding a few more caves tonight to throw everyone else off and give him a home.

Kio707 said:
Do you have an orange shoulder tang or just a LT?

I have a LT. Tang. I like the colors on him so much. He was hard to find tho. I went to several different places searching for a loooong time to find him. He wasn't expensive- just so darn hard to find. Lol

Back
Top Bottom