My new 240g FOWLR tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be careful adding a lot at the same time. You will end up with more than your BB can handle. It's a big tank, so there is more room for error, but I'd let it sit with those inhabitants for a while and watch the parameters. Triggers and the eel are messy eaters, which usually leaves lots of food, which will end up nitrates along with all the waste.

Also odd that a 30% change would drop nitrates to zero. No skimmer and no macro algae could cause problems as more fish are added, or possibly with what you have now depending on size.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm sorry it was 2 30% water change ( one Sunday and one Wednesday) and I'll keep eye on my parameters and I won't be adding anything for the next couple of weeks..

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That stil wouldn't drop them to 0, it would just lower them 30% each time. From 20 ppm 2 30% changes would get you to 11ish ppm

Um.. That's weird.. Never noticed that with any of the tanks I have before.. Using after a few water changes my nitrate are usually at 0-5ppm.. I'm unclear on what could drop nitrate in your case in my system.. I took my ATS out of my system I didn't like the design I had.. All I have is some cheato in my refug but I don't think it'll make that much of a difference.. Right..?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom