My New 29 Gallon Oceanic Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KeeperOfFish said:
I did both....floated him then dripped him

Ok!! Whewww! I saw the bag in that pic. You really only have to drip them. Like an iv drip. The water temp will come to temp with the drip. And don't add the store water to the tank. Fish them out with a net. You can (not always) run into trouble with mixing store water into your tank.. Good luck.

SeaMe said:
Ok!! Whewww! I saw the bag in that pic. You really only have to drip them. Like an iv drip. The water temp will come to temp with the drip. And don't add the store water to the tank. Fish them out with a net. You can (not always) run into trouble with mixing store water into your tank.. Good luck.

The drip will usually take anywhere from 45 min to an hour. Depends on the fish..

SeaMe said:

Ok I did all that:) I researched on how to acclimate before I bought fish:)

So I was planning for this tank to get a...
1 coral beauty angelfish
1-2 three stripe damsels
1 clown goby
2-3 sexy shrimp
Is this a good plan or overstocking it? I'd like to know before I buy the fish. Also if this is a good plan in what order should I add the fish??
Oh yeah and my LFS has a
Black and white occelaris clown fish and I think I'm gonna get him so advice please and thank you:)

KeeperOfFish said:
So I was planning for this tank to get a...
1 coral beauty angelfish
1-2 three stripe damsels
1 clown goby
2-3 sexy shrimp
Is this a good plan or overstocking it? I'd like to know before I buy the fish. Also if this is a good plan in what order should I add the fish??
Oh yeah and my LFS has a
Black and white occelaris clown fish and I think I'm gonna get him so advice please and thank you:)

The angel beauty can nip at corals. Some say the won't if fed regularly. Damsels are aggressive fish as well. They might bully the shrimps.

SeaMe said:
The angel beauty can nip at corals. Some say the won't if fed regularly. Damsels are aggressive fish as well. They might bully the shrimps.

Hmmmmm ugh I like the damsels so much and the angel:/ but I need some shrimps or what else is there that sifts sand? Are three stripe damsels super aggressive? And I think I'm just gonna get simple corals like mushrooms I've read that people don't have problems with angelfish nipping them

KeeperOfFish said:
Hmmmmm ugh I like the damsels so much and the angel:/ but I need some shrimps or what else is there that sifts sand? Are three stripe damsels super aggressive? And I think I'm just gonna get simple corals like mushrooms I've read that people don't have problems with angelfish nipping them

The sexy shrimp are so small, I wouldn't be surprised if they would bully them to death. But if they are small damsels you might be ok. You might be able to get away with cleaner shrimp, they will also help with the health of the fish. As far as the angel, it is hit or miss as far as them doing damage to your corals.

SeaMe said:
The sexy shrimp are so small, I wouldn't be surprised if they would bully them to death. But if they are small damsels you might be ok. You might be able to get away with cleaner shrimp, they will also help with the health of the fish. As far as the angel, it is hit or miss as far as them doing damage to your corals.

Ok what if I got peppermint shrimp they are pretty big?

I'm thinking on adding a cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp or a coral banded. :)

I'm leaning towards the cleaner, I really liked the ones I had in my 125g til they were killed off. :-(

carey said:
I'm thinking on adding a cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp or a coral banded. :)

I'm leaning towards the cleaner, I really liked the ones I had in my 125g til they were killed off. :-(

Ok sorry bout the getting killed off:( do peppermint shrimp sift and clean sand too?

They scavenge any food you feed the tank and sway back and forth lol. they dont sift sand though.

carey said:
They scavenge any food you feed the tank and sway back and forth lol. they dont sift sand though.

Haha ok so cleaner shrimp do sift the sand ? But don't eat food that was leftover?

I don't know of any shrimp that sift sand. Theones i mentioned will eat regular flake food and other stuff thats on the sandbed. They are scavengers. :)

carey said:
I don't know of any shrimp that sift sand. Theones i mentioned will eat regular flake food and other stuff thats on the sandbed. They are scavengers. :)

Oh haha for some reason I had it in my mind that shrimp sift sand lol

Back
Top Bottom