My new 300L reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think I have a diatom outbreak starting, tank been going 6 days is this about right? Should I stir the sand up?

image-2938627190.jpg

Well, 300L translates to roughly 50ish gallons...right? Either way you'll need a much larger CUC imo. I like a heavier cuc, but try to fill it with smaller snails/crabs. When you start only seeing a handful of larger ones, it is then time to order more. Atleast how I see it.

Well, 300L translates to roughly 50ish gallons...right? Either way you'll need a much larger CUC imo. I like a heavier cuc, but try to fill it with smaller snails/crabs. When you start only seeing a handful of larger ones, it is then time to order more. Atleast how I see it.

What type of CUC would you have?

Currently in my 55 reef I have 3 emerald crabs, 2 lettuce nudibranch, 15 blue hermits, 10 red hermits, 10 nars snails, 1 blood shrimp, 1 cleaner clam, and i'm not sure how many other snails.

Currently in my 55 reef I have 3 emerald crabs, 2 lettuce nudibranch, 15 blue hermits, 10 red hermits, 10 nars snails, 1 blood shrimp, 1 cleaner clam, and i'm not sure how many other snails.

Got any pics of your whole tank?

It's a organ pipe coral. There a soft coral that grows out of a hard tube base. There good but they can be kind of difficult to care for and there are mixed results with them. Do some research and see if you can possibly keep it alive.

It's a organ pipe coral. There a soft coral that grows out of a hard tube base. There good but they can be kind of difficult to care for and there are mixed results with them. Do some research and see if you can possibly keep it alive.

What the yellow thing? I thought it was a sponge type thing!?!?

O lol I was looking at the wrong thing ya I don't know what that is.

Are zoas fairly easy to care for corals? How many small fish could I have in a 300L tank???

Back
Top Bottom