My new find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So went to a lfs to pick up stuff for my 75g and saw the cutest little loaches. Found out they were called panda loaches. Didn't buy them but totally obsessed about them. So went back and bought 8. They are tiny so put them in a 10 g to have them grow a bit. Eventually going to a 20 and put them with a school of white cloud minnows. Both liking water a bit colder then most tropical fish. Hard to get a good pic cause they are so active ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426300792.019555.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Neat!!

I've been seeing so many "new" teeny loaches!

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I love these guys. They have so much character. It's a shame they lose the stripes, but they look good as adults too.
While I was looking into a river manifold system for my Hillstream loaches I came across a few articles on these guys, but everything I read said they're almost impossible to find. I couldn't believe it when a few weeks later I saw them at my lfs. Unfortunately they only had 3 and haven't gotten anymore in. I'm almost debating on paying the 20 each to get them from Wet Spot Tropical.

Have you read this-?
http://www.tfhmagazine.com/freshwat...-panda-of-a-different-nature-full-article.htm

It's old, but I haven't found anything more recent that contradicts it so I believe it still applies.

I saw them at a lfs when I was out of town earlier this week, so cute! How large do they get?

Please don't mention Wet Spot, I just had a $170 order delivered yesterday :hide: :whistle:

I saw them at a lfs when I was out of town earlier this week, so cute! How large do they get?

Please don't mention Wet Spot, I just had a $170 order delivered yesterday :hide: :whistle:

Think it's like 2 inches max they stay pretty small

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I might have to ask my lfs tonight to see if they can order me some more. I'd love to set up a 20 long just for a large group of these to breed them.

And that is some order.. Wet Spot has the FW gobiws I've been looking for for my riverine tank. Bonus- they have Delhezi bichirs.

I might have to ask my lfs tonight to see if they can order me some more. I'd love to set up a 20 long just for a large group of these to breed them.

And that is some order.. Wet Spot has the FW gobiws I've been looking for for my riverine tank. Bonus- they have Delhezi bichirs.

That would be really nice!

After trying a bunch of different sites I won't order fish online from anyone else.

That would be really nice!

After trying a bunch of different sites I won't order fish online from anyone else.
They're really easy to obsess over. I was hooked from the moment I discovered they existed.
How much did you pay to ship your order?

They're really easy to obsess over. I was hooked from the moment I discovered they existed.
How much did you pay to ship your order?

I can't definitely understand that!

Shipping for this order was $38, that's overnight air from OR to MD with guaranteed arrival time. Worked out to just over $6 per fish.

I can't definitely understand that!

Shipping for this order was $38, that's overnight air from OR to MD with guaranteed arrival time. Worked out to just over $6 per fish.
I just looked at their updated stock list and they have a Hairy puffer in. I'd be jumping up and down right now if it wasn't for the price. That's an income tax purchase. And an empty one of the tanks in preparation kind of purchase.
That's a really hard decision now, wow. I don't know if I can pass it up though. The shipping really isn't that bad of a price either.
Back to Panda loaches.. if you make it back to that store, they have them and you have the right tank.. buy them. They're active unlike most loaches and don't hide.. almost at all. I love watching them.
They're also very good at climbing glass so make sure you've got a lid.

I just looked at their updated stock list and they have a Hairy puffer in. I'd be jumping up and down right now if it wasn't for the price. That's an income tax purchase. And an empty one of the tanks in preparation kind of purchase.
That's a really hard decision now, wow. I don't know if I can pass it up though. The shipping really isn't that bad of a price either.
Back to Panda loaches.. if you make it back to that store, they have them and you have the right tank.. buy them. They're active unlike most loaches and don't hide.. almost at all. I love watching them.
They're also very good at climbing glass so make sure you've got a lid.

That is a very cool looking fish, never heard of it before. They update their stock list on Fridays.... :whistle:

That is a very cool looking fish, never heard of it before. They update their stock list on Fridays.... :whistle:
They're pretty rare. I had actually given up on finding one so I'm pretty excited. But they'll kill anything in the tank so it's time for me to reevaluate all my long tanks.

So far they are doing great. Extremely active and aren't hiding at all even though have tons of hiding spots.
The owner of the fish store said that it was only the second time he has seen them. Think I bought the last of them unless there were a few hiding

They are doing great so far. Always out And about. So far the food they seem most interested in is omega 1 veggie rounds. Think I am going to hold off on the 20 for a few months. As tiny As they are the ten just seems rights. Just them and the shrimp. Because nothing big is in the tank both species are out and about with no fear.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426471110.597931.jpg

They are doing great so far. Always out And about. So far the food they seem most interested in is omega 1 veggie rounds. Think I am going to hold off on the 20 for a few months. As tiny As they are the ten just seems rights. Just them and the shrimp. Because nothing big is in the tank both species are out and about with no fear.

Oh wow, they are so darn cute!!! Don't be shy about sharing more pics (y)

If they shared the same water requirements they'd look great with some clown killies!

Back
Top Bottom