My new find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They were hilarious tonight at feeding time. Gave them a smaller piece of wafer cause weren't finishing. The little piece got blown against the edge of the aquarium. So wasn't as much room for them to all eat at once. Was so funny seeing them all jockey for position to get to the food ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427610107.369009.jpg

Theresa did you say you lived in md? If so if by the miracle chance I get them to breed you will be the first one to get since I wouldn't have to ship.

They are definitely the most entertained fish I have ever owned

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
They were hilarious tonight at feeding time. Gave them a smaller piece of wafer cause weren't finishing. The little piece got blown against the edge of the aquarium. So wasn't as much room for them to all eat at once. Was so funny seeing them all jockey for position to get to the food View attachment 268645

Theresa did you say you lived in md? If so if by the miracle chance I get them to breed you will be the first one to get since I wouldn't have to ship.

They are definitely the most entertained fish I have ever owned

Yup, upper Montgomery County. And I'm holding you to this (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
If by miracle it happens you are my first choice

From what I read they take over a year to mature. My plan might be in the fall start decreasing light and temp. Then bring back up in spring. Gotta see if i can find a chiller at a reasonable price

I had a friend dual purpose a second hand mini fridge as a chiller and fish food storage, but it really only works if you're using a canister filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When I switch them over to the twenty long I probably am going to use a smaller canister. Not 100% sure how i am gonna make the tank.

Started a new thread about settling up a 20 long for these guys. Could use a lot of help and advice.

So in the March/April Amazonas magazine issue their is an article title breeding panda loaches. Just need to find a copy now

Ordered it. Hopefully will give me some new info. Also a long article online but unfortunately it is in German. Did feed them some live black worms last night and they went nuts for it. Was cute watching them swim around with worms in their mouth longer then their body

Woe stupid human me and almost caused a major disaster with my pandas. Did an 80% water change. Went to fill up tank with my Python. Everything felt right. Tank was almost full when I went to adjust the my sponge prefilter. Water was extremely warm. Had to be at least 90 degrees. I quickly removed 80 percent of water. Then still in a panic I filled the tank back up with cold water. So basically did a 20 or so degree swing both ways in a matter of 5 minutes. Been two days and none of the pandas wcms or cherry shrimp died. In fact I am pretty sure I saw a few wcm eggs on the prefilter sponge.

I did that one time too except I just let the temp even off instead of shocking them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

What I should have done. Was just in a state of panic and not thinking

Water might have been more then 90. Was Warmer them my 75 which I keep at 80

Back
Top Bottom