My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who knows, unlike lots of people here, I'm all for natural sunlight. My tank doesn't get direct sunlight, but the sun is it's only light source. No algae at all yet. And even if you do get algae... Pop your bristle nose in for an hour or so, or get a few snails to keep the tank cycled and the algae down. Id go with the snails though. Keeps ninja from getting stressed.

Yeah. I can get snails for cheap, but it would need moms permission. I would need to do a lot of research. Don't snails breed like crazy? How do I keep the population in check? Or is that just the pesty snails? Any info would be most appreciated.

Oh, an how many should I get, what do feed them? Algae won't be enough, I know. Like stated previously, any information is most greatly appreciated.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Oh, and couldn't the snails distress a sick and already stressed fish, or spread diseases? Would it just be better to manually keep the algae in check?

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Okay, I'm sorry, I'm getting kinda impatient. But I really need to know this, so please reply!!!

I dunno, but I'm glad I cause more questions than answers :) my work is never done! Haha

Lol. That reply kinda has me annoyed and laughing at the same time. Lol.

Lol, I've been doing some research just now. That's the first thing that came up on google. I've decided to just manually clean it.

See that's why I don't give answers...lol! But I'll gladly make you ask more questions :)

Lol. Then you still help me learn more though.

Ya, I've never dealt with snails. I was thinking just one or two mystery or nerite snails just to keep the tank cycled, but trust your research. They do have a pretty light bioload from what I understand, and I don't think they'd stress out the fish in there. Too slow moving, and too small. If you do run into a breeding problem... One or two assassin snails aughta do it!

I think I'd rather not. Getting to think about it, I would rather just feed the tank with my fish.

Yup.

If you don't want snails to breed and have later on a lot of them, try to get a Nerite snail, they are good with algae and they don't reproduce in fresh water.

Good luck!!!!

ejaramillo01 said:
If you don't want snails to breed and have later on a lot of them, try to get a Nerite snail, they are good with algae and they don't reproduce in fresh water.

Good luck!!!!

Thank you. I've already decided on just manually cleaning the qt tank.

I seeded the tank and today my water is very cloudy, ammonia was .25, so I added some fish flakes. My nitrites started showing at .25 as well. I am using the liquid test, so it's accurate. This is going pretty fast with the seed material and raised temp.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Lol, yeah. Today we bought a black background. The colors should really POP against that.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Back
Top Bottom