My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope. 29 would be fine for one. But there would be too much aggression if you had a pair. And without the angel, I'd call your pleco the centerpiece fish.

Yeah. It's the only one with a name so far. The guppies might be able to be told apart with patterns an colors, but not sure about the others. The bristlenose is definitely one of the coolest, but I like the pandas too.

With the seed material my cycle is going very quickly. I think it's almost done. I was very surprised with it's swiftness.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Yeah. At the beginning of next week, maybe middle, I should be able to put the first few fish in. I was expecting this to take much longer.

Danios first, wait two weeks, then bristlenose. Two weeks, cories, two weeks, guppies. Then two weeks, (angels?)

No angels, but thanks. Okay, that sounds like a good plan. I'll be sure to update when I get the danios. :D

Put some gravel from an established tank and put it in a pantyhose toe. Then I hung it in the tank. It introduces good bacteria much faster.

LOL I butchered my pantyhose to act as like a mesh for my java moss and covered it in a decorative rock. So far it is working. LOL.

daileene said:
LOL I butchered my pantyhose to act as like a mesh for my java moss and covered it in a decorative rock. So far it is working. LOL.

How do you like java moss?

I actually like them (unfortunately this is where all the snails came from). They are actually sprouting new shoots outside the pantyhose that I meshed them in. So it is getting there...Some of them I left it uncovered but tied with a sewing thread around the decorative rock, and they are also sprouting...so I guess they are healthy. I don't know how to make them a carpet though. I have to experiment on that one.

Back
Top Bottom