My panda corydora died, now im worried about the others.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niallkalipe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello there, I'm new to this forum. I just want to know if this is normal.

Today one of my panda corydoras was dead with a rare red spot around the gills. Now I'm worried about my other 2 corydoras. One of them has a yellowish/white spot and I'm just want to make sure if this is normal.

please see the pictures.

thank you in advance.

P.S: They live with 3 dalmatian mollies and 2 nerite snails.

Attachments

• IMG-20220216-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220216-WA0000.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20220216-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20220216-WA0032.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20220216-WA0031.jpg
    IMG-20220216-WA0031.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 22
This looks like it could be an infected injury. I would quarantine any sick fish and treat them with anti-bacterial. I'm not sure I see the yellow spot, I would try to get a better picture.
You might want to lose the plastic plants and opt for softer silk plants, they look more natural and won't cut your fish. It's worth the money IMO. There's a chance that it cut your cory and the cory got an infection since it digs around in the waste on the bottom.
Best of luck!

When I first cycled my tank the first fish I got was two Panda Corys
One of those original Corys is still quite healthy .

However, the other one died a few weeks after getting them. The one that died never seemed quite right when it was alive.

Keep in mind that fish are no different than other animals in that there will be some individuals that die early for whatever reasons ...even in the wild .
There is nothing we can do about this of course, but give them a healthy environment and, hope for the best for all of them..

BTW, IMO The red spot does like an injury that got worse, causing its death

I agree about the plastic as Corys also love to search the leaves and stems of plants for food, in addition to bottom feeding,
This is what makes them great cute little tank "cleaners"

This looks like it could be an infected injury. I would quarantine any sick fish and treat them with anti-bacterial. I'm not sure I see the yellow spot, I would try to get a better picture.
You might want to lose the plastic plants and opt for softer silk plants, they look more natural and won't cut your fish. It's worth the money IMO. There's a chance that it cut your cory and the cory got an infection since it digs around in the waste on the bottom.
Best of luck!

Hello guys and thank you so much for the comments. I think that I found the culprit
1645056624021.jpg

I had this rock, is a quartz rock that my father gave to me, and recently I noted that this rock has very sharp edges, maybe the corydoras running hurt himself with the rock? I removed the rock btw.

Corys also scour wood and rocks for food.
Maybe it was on the rock and got startled for whatever reason and went hiding in a flash and cut themselves on it,

Nothing usually bothers Corys but, mine tend to scatter and hide in heart beat if I get too close to the tank too fast

Back
Top Bottom