My projects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O yeah I already know. And I'm just feeding them every other day to make sure it doesn't spike up and I been testing the water every other day

Thanks for taking the time and checking out what I have. And thanks for the info and help. Also once the 80 is done I'm redoing the 55 to a chiclid tank, something I'm personally looking forward to.

Thanks for taking the time and checking out what I have. And thanks for the info and help. Also once the 80 is done I'm redoing the 55 to a chiclid tank, something I'm personally looking forward to.

Good luck with the tank, keep us updated!

So finally put my bubble wall up on my 80 still waiting for the nitrite to clear up though sure in a couple weeks it'll be safe. Here's an updated pic

ForumRunner_20131006_185135.jpg

Still need to fix it a bit but waiting for a water change so it will be easier

Because I moved haven't had time to work on my projects. But here is an update on what I've done since I moved.

ForumRunner_20131030_185736.jpg

I put up the background I had for the 80 gallon and fixed the bubble wall. I also added a few extra plants. Then I put the black ear paroon shark in the 80. Tank was a little cloudy because the shark was moving plants and switching the sand every where.

On my 55 gallon tank I gave my gouramis to my neighbor, and took the plants out of it. Then added 3 frontosa to it. Here's a picture of the biggest one

ForumRunner_20131030_190150.jpg

Because I moved haven't had time to work on my projects. But here is an update on what I've done since I moved.

I put up the background I had for the 80 gallon and fixed the bubble wall. I also added a few extra plants. Then I put the black ear paroon shark in the 80. Tank was a little cloudy because the shark was moving plants and switching the sand every where.

On my 55 gallon tank I gave my gouramis to my neighbor, and took the plants out of it. Then added 3 frontosa to it. Here's a picture of the biggest one

Dont know much about these fish but i know one thing, frontosa get giant!

Well I don't mind that they still have a long way to go before they out grow it

I'll post some up later on today. I was thinking of also taking a video of both tanks

you might want to consider a pre-filter sponge on your 80g. That sand could seriously damage your filter

What do you mean I never heard of a pre filter. I just got the fluval that is for the 100 gallon tank. Then a bubble wall for water circulation

What do you mean I never heard of a pre filter. I just got the fluval that is for the 100 gallon tank. Then a bubble wall for water circulation

He means put a sponge on the filter intake so the sand doesnt get into the intake and ruin it.

Black ear paroons get 100+" so you should probably get rid of it

A sponge prefilter is sponge that you put over the intake of your filter so it doesn't suck up large objects that could ruin it like your sand. You can DIY it, or buy it.
Search Amazon/Ebay or check your LFS. Fluval make a fine sponge pre-filter, only a few dollars....

Attachments

• a1387.jpg
    a1387.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom