My son's community tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pendergraft2111

Aquarium Advice Regular
I believe it is a 55g deep. He loves it and picked everything in it. He's only 6 and already has the 'bug'. He keeps it clean and keeps the fish fed. He makes me so proud.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110408_214846.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110408_214846.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 156
  • ForumRunner_20110408_214928.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110408_214928.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 162
  • ForumRunner_20110408_214952.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110408_214952.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 150
  • ForumRunner_20110408_215026.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110408_215026.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 150
JEEZE! Now that is so cute! He is doin a great job :) I think you (and him) should be proud!! What kind of stock do you have?

Looks very nice. Unfortunately, I see a non-aquatic live plant in there... Dracena sanderiana. It is the white/green variegated plant right of center. It will not survive long term in the tank.

Joyler said:
JEEZE! Now that is so cute! He is doin a great job :) I think you (and him) should be proud!! What kind of stock do you have?

+1

That looks wonderful. I love the blue light. He's half my age and already a better aquascaper than me!

It is mostly guppies and platys. He likes to get different guppy colors and see how the babies come out. He has a couple of 'glo' fish, black skirt tetra, a clown loach ( snail issue from plants, I know they get big but he has space) and a bala shark that I just couldn't talk him out of. They grow slow. As far as the plant I had no idea, he picked it out at petsmart and has had it for about 2 months.

It will survive awhile, but it will eventually start rotting, which will be bad for water quality. It is more resilient than other common non-aquatic plants that are marketed and sold as aquatic.

Excited for updates for sure!! :) don't let him get discouraged about plant choice...all of us make mistakes...I'm sure I haven't made my last one...lol

What type of light/bulb and light fixture you are using, I like how your tank looks and been looking for that type of lighting. Your son has some talent.

Geesh! Give it a year he'll have a tank like fort's! ;) great job!

man,im more than twice his age(13)and cant make my tanks look half as good...

Are there other live plants in the tank? I can't tell for sure from the photos. The actinic would not be good for any live plants, aquatic or not. If the rest are fake plants, then I really like the look of it!

pendergraft2111 said:
No the rest are fake...except the hoop. I think it does ok because my wife opens the curtains on the window behind it daily. Live plants are new to both of us. We like to learn together...lol

Curtains? Beware of algae :)

Haha. Before I moved my frog tank away from the window I was using one of those constantly. Haha, is he as neat in other areas, or just the aquarium?

Well...the room looks clean, and the pictures are hung just so if that's any indication...lol crap...I'm going off topic! Sorry fort

Back
Top Bottom