My Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarinlove

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright... I finally have taken pictures of my tank...

Enjoy them!

24955-albums717-picture4982.jpg
24955-albums717-picture4980.jpg
24955-albums717-picture4979.jpg
24955-albums717-picture4978.jpg

Deeeeeyum!! Yeah, that is an extremely wonderful nano. Great job on the rockwork and the placement of those coral.

Thanks for the comments guys!

I actually don't have a mandarin in there.... yet....

I want to wait until my copepod population really grows. There are a lot of them in there now, but I think I am going to wait another month or so.

A 29g won't support a mandarin on pods IMO. Try training it on brine ;). I got mine a few months ago and it has been eating brine since I got her. I just started soaking her brine in Kent Marine Garlic Extreme yesterday (that stuff smells!), and she goes crazy for it :p.

The tank looks great. How did you tank the pics. I can't get my pics that clear. Is that biocube stock? What all do you have?

Thanks! :D

I have a nikon D50 camera, it's a pretty solid camera.... I really didn't do anything, it's the camera. Try putting it on a stand or keep it still... don't use the flash.

The tank lighting is stock. I have a hydor power head in there, the oceanic protein skimmer in chamber one, chamber two i removed all the bio balls and the drip drain and I have chemi pure, purigen and filter pads. The third chamber is the stock foam thing and the pump. I have the outflow pump facing the top of the water for oxygen and good water movement. I don't even have a heater in there, my water is always between 79-81 degrees. The water that I use is RO/DI from a really solid pet store right around the corner from me.

If I can be of any assitance to you feel free to send me a message and we can talk through the website. Also, I do a water change once a week.

Hope this helps!

Was your tank already up when you took out bioballs? Mine is almost a year and I was not sure what would happen if I took them out now. I guess I would remove slowly. I am going to try some pics again with no flash and a stand. Will post asap.

No I took out the bio balls right from the beginning...

I'm not sure, but I don't see why it would be a problem just to remove all the bio balls at once... you should have plenty of bacteria in there to prevent the tank from re-cyling. Those bio balls are definitely one of your biggest problems in the tank...:-?

Back
Top Bottom