My tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wheela98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and am just starting my first thread. I have a couple questions about my tank. First off, my tank is a starter kit complete 14G tank and has been running for about 1 1/2 months. At the moment I have all small new fish, they are (3 male fancy guppies, 1 panda cory, 1 julii cory, 1 micky mouse platy, 2 cherry shrimp and 5 ghost shrimp) and in the next couple of minutes I am planning on putting my new 1" GBR into the tank, so I was wondering if that would be okay to put in with all these fish. Since I'm going to put him in anyway, I'm just wondering if he can still live a good life in there if it's just him + those other fish.

Thanks,
Zach

To many fish in there to be able to keep a GBR, the smaller shrimp would be eaten and the guppies and platy might get a bit of ramming.
I wouldn't keep Rams in anything less than 16 gallon long, even this a bit small if more fish where wanted. Rams require super water quality which will be hard to maintain in a small tank with other fish in there.

Ok thanks, but I already have him in there, and he's really only an inch long and very small overall, i'm hoping he'll be fine, but I get what you're saying.

Thanks for the advice

To many fish in there to be able to keep a GBR, the smaller shrimp would be eaten and the guppies and platy might get a bit of ramming.
I wouldn't keep Rams in anything less than 16 gallon long, even this a bit small if more fish where wanted. Rams require super water quality which will be hard to maintain in a small tank with other fish in there.

I agree with this with this with ^.... If you want him to live a happy life (for the moment) lower your fish count to just him as the main fish. Maybe a pleco and a single Cory. That's about what you should have in a 14 gallon. Hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom