My Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to the shop today to get another catfish and here he/she is! Too young to find out what sex it is it yet.

Wow! Nice! I can tell it is smaller than twiggy. :)
What's the difference between male and female? And are you trying to breed them?

Haha! At first I had to check she was still alive, it's brilliant when she is in the glass you she uses her mouth to sucker her way across the tank it's funny as! I'd say she's about 4-5 inches at the mo

So she's somewhat like a skinny version of a pleco? :lol:
What's the max size they can get?

I had to Google it when I got twiggy, boys have little bristles on there noses! Really had to see at first but after looking at few images I spotted it. The sizes between them two is shocking! It says they can grow upto 6inches

I had to Google it when I got twiggy, boys have little bristles on there noses! Really had to see at first but after looking at few images I spotted it. The sizes between them two is shocking! It says they can grow upto 6inches

So twiggy is a m or f? Is the new one like half the size of twiggy?

Twiggy is female. I would love the other to be male but we will just have to wait and see. Going to release the new one into the tank now and see how she/he gets on.

An hour, in stages. Floated the bag on top for 20 mins, then opened and put a scoop of water in from the tank, left it for another 20 repeated, then let it join the others. It's even harder to find! Really been investigating everywhere!

Both bout the same really. Little one has been quite inquisitive around the tank. Doing more or less the same aswhat twiggy did when she first went in the tank.They are spending a bit more time together now which is nice.

Both bout the same really. Little one has been quite inquisitive around the tank. Doing more or less the same aswhat twiggy did when she first went in the tank.They are spending a bit more time together now which is nice.

Do they actually school like Cory's or can they be singular there whole life?

I honestly dont no to be honest, I've googled and can't find anywhere that suggests the preferred numbers to keep them in.

What is my fish doing?

ForumRunner_20130710_143603.jpg

ForumRunner_20130710_143625.jpg

I've noticed both of them that have similar markings spreading out their tail and dorsal fins, staying stationary but twitching their tails whilst being around my other platys, then going to a vertical position. It's funny to watch but just wondering wether it's a mating thing or territorial show of some sort.

No there not gasping at the surface, just where I managed to get a pic. I think I'll have to upload a video next time a catch them doing it.

What is my fish doing?

I've noticed both of them that have similar markings spreading out their tail and dorsal fins, staying stationary but twitching their tails whilst being around my other platys, then going to a vertical position. It's funny to watch but just wondering wether it's a mating thing or territorial show of some sort.

They don't look too well..... Which fish is that? And it it like blowing bubbles out of its mouth or is it just sitting at the surface? Is it eating?

No it had just swam up top, I think it's just a bad pic to be honest. I'm going to upload a vid when I get time of the behaviour I was on about as my fish seem healthy enough.

Back
Top Bottom