My very first aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MariB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here it is my first attempt at an aquascape.

This is my 5 gallon Topfin starter kit I got last christmas.

The substrate is black and white gravel I found at petworld. The plants are all from my dad's tank.

The first picture is before filling the tank and the second is after filling and putting in Theo my betta plus his 3 snail friends.

For my first aquascape I think I pretty good!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1408761968499.jpg
    1408761968499.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 1408762019065.jpg
    1408762019065.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 259
Hey MariB! That's a fantastic aquascape. I quite like it :D
Just an open suggestion, but have you thought of maybe trying to carpet around the white gravel to give it sort of a "natural trail" look?

I see you got some plants planted along the trail, but I envision some flame moss (or any moss) running along the trail.

Anyways, as those plants you have in there get larger, I think it will really bring out the natural and serene feel of the tank. Best of luck! :D

I never thought of that it would add too it! Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll look into that! :D

I've always wanted to do a trail like that but I would end up mixing the gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool snail! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I thought i would end up mixing the gravel but I found a plastic cup to be very handy to spread it. I put black down then the white and it went very well ;)

Back
Top Bottom