Mystery pleco??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Idk cause it's pattern didn't seen as contrasting as the pics I looked up.

ccross said:
Possibly a loepard pleco?

I'll +1 although he may just be stressed. Has he darkened up any? Proper identification is defiantly paramount as a lot of plecos do not actually eat algae and would require some other sort of food. Such as my clown pleco who requires driftwood to munch on.

Well I have a piece of drift wood in the tank and I haven't seen him on it. And I'll check tonight and posts other pic.

He is quite a bit darker now.
I can't get a pic cause he is hidding.

Could it be a Sailfin?

+1. Thats what I was thinking, Nice looking pleco! Probably my favorite kinda fish because there are so many different types. Holding out for a zebra plec :)

I have a few sailfins and I'm thinkin yours is a common pleco. My sailfins dont have the rounded facial features as yours does and their pectoral and dorsal fins are much bigger.
Nice looking pleco you have though regardless of species.

Cichlid Kid said:
I have a few sailfins and I'm thinkin yours is a common pleco. My sailfins dont have the rounded facial features as yours does and their pectoral and dorsal fins are much bigger.
Nice looking pleco you have though regardless of species.

Rounded facial features can normally be associated with a female. Flat heads are males. But normally these are not noticeable until maturity!

His face isn't that curvy its pretty much strait down from the eyes to the tip.

Looks a lot like my BN. Try to get a picture of its mouth. If it is ever sucking on the glass that is TE perfect time to do it. You can narrow down the species it could be from the shape of its mouth.

I don't think I will be able to get a pic on the glass because he is never on it.

I'm gonna throw Rhino Pleco into the mix, note the two small horns in front of the eyes, plus the pattern seems to fit

Roberts48 said:
I don't think I will be able to get a pic on the glass because he is never on it.

This is normally a sign that it is not an algae eating pleco. Good that you have driftwood! :)

Back
Top Bottom