Mystery pleco??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah but I have never seen him near the driftwood. He is always on the other side of the tank.

Roberts48 said:
Yeah but I have never seen him near the driftwood. He is always on the other side of the tank.

It most likely would be on the driftwood at night as the are nocturnal for the most part

Okay. And I put zucchini in there and he spends a lot of time eating that.

I just caught I glimpse of him on the drift wood before he quickly swam back over to his hide.

Roberts48 said:
I just caught I glimpse of him on the drift wood before he quickly swam back over to his hide.

That is a good. He will benefit greatly! Plus he will feel more comfortable and be less stress!

Roberts48 said:
Gold nugget and I ment fast*lol
Not fat

Gold nuggets are incredible slow growers. They will not touch algae and only eat wood or meaty foods. They normally only touch 8-9 inchs max in aquaria, although there are those few that came out of ponds a foot long! :) mine has grown 1 inch in about a year. He is an eater to, always eating the brine shrimp and bloodworm cubes I put in!

Very fast! My original one grew over an inch in just 2 months! Luckily I was finally able to catch him and traded him in haha

Just my two cents..
I can not quite see the photos clearly so here is a website you might want to scour.
I came across it after the death of my 7 year old Common Pleco, I wanted another pleco.. but there are so many to choose from..
Good luck identifying it
Pleco Profiles

That's a hi-fin spotted or 'leopard' pleco!
I have one too, and he's awesome! Gorgeous tails and fins when they flare up!

Be prepared for some massive growth. I've had mine for a couple of months now and he's already about as long as my hand with a meaty pitbull head :lol:

They supposedly get pretty big so I hope you have the tank space!

check out this video...
big pleco - YouTube

There's another one on youtube where the guy pets him lol

attachment.php

this was given to me by another member when i was trying to ID my pleco. i'm not sure it will help.

Back
Top Bottom