Name Ideas for my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,
I have a red wagtail platy male who I love to pieces. He's gorgeous and so charismatic! He loves hiding in the plants, swimming through the caves, and exploring the tank. I just can't figure out what to name him. I've been calling him "Platy", but that's no good as a name. :lol:
He's bright orange with really dark black fins, great coloration, and gold eyes. (I'm sure everyone knows what red wags look like, but I figured I'd specify just in case.)
Any ideas on a name?

I've been entertaining Blaze, Sparky, Flame, and other orange-coloring related names, but "people names" like Cyrus, Basil, or Kai come to mind as well. (I tend to lean towards names that aren't commonly used or that sound different than the norm, but suggestions like Charlie or Steve are just fine, too! Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking one of those names best.)

I would post a pic but he won't hold still. He's always up to something. :fish1:

You tried platy because it was in his name try a name from it's behavior. If he was mines I'd probably call him rover or ubu as in sit ubu sit but it would be a dog name

I really like Rover! He looks like a little space rover, the way he hovers over stuff and goes exploring. On that note, hmm, Mars would be a great name too...
Thanks for the help!

Rover sounds great to me. But what do I know. I have a black Oranda that I call George . Have a great day :)

LOL, I like that name! It has a lot of personality. There are so many great names to choose from, and as a pet owner and a writer, I agonize over choosing the perfect one ��
Thanks for the input :)

Back
Top Bottom