Name that cichlid! Part 2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so another thread gave me this idea. What I will do is post SIX cichlid species (one from SA, one from CA, one from Malawi, one from Tanganyika, one from Victoria, and one from Madagascar, not necessarily in that order, it'd be too easy if I gave their natural ranges) and lets see if we can get all 6 named! I'll post another if it goes well. None of the pictures used will be mine unless stated otherwise. I will also not include any specific collection points, as those make it so complicated. Latin names preferred, as I'm gonna do some challenging ones! Good Luck!

Okay here's some new ones! I've added a 7th category: AFRICAN RIVERINE!
AGAIN: no picture is mine unless otherwise stated!

PICTURE 1:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404321931.995466.jpg

PICTURE 2:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404321949.668861.jpg

PICTURE 3:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404321971.079075.jpg

PICTURE 4:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404321989.863423.jpg

PICTURE 5:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404322012.526412.jpg

I know! It's a stunning fish

I think I picked a nice set this time! Excited to see how long it takes fl them all to be guessed

I'm pretty sure Gillie will get 4,5 and 7 pretty easily knowing his experience, and since his LFS has #5 (I used to go to the same lfs before I moved)

Since you mentioned #5 that's crenicara punctulata, but they must have sold fast because I never saw them otherwise they would be in my tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dale wouldn't sell them, they were from Peru, a group of 4, I thought he pulled them next door, ask him about them cause he was getting some wild offers and turning them down

Back
Top Bottom